RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Nevada Radio Discussion Forum

Nevada Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Nevada.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2013, 5:57 PM

i dont see alla of nevada going p25 encrypted. thats way to much money being spent. and i have been looking for there board meetings to find all the new systems. and i cant find them
Sponsored links
Old 05-14-2013, 6:51 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25)

Thanks for the info. So if im not mistaken a pro 106 or a 396xt will work just fine then?
Old 05-14-2013, 7:23 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I would be willing to bet that Washoe County won't be P25 encrypted. They'll probably go something else, sure.

I wouldn't be buying anything in the way of a new scanner until Christmas, is all I'm saying, in fact that's all I'm going to say at all, period.

If you have done your homework, look at what they have BOUGHT, and drive around and look at what they are CARRYING, and look at board meetings, you will see exactly what is happening.

Have you checked the ULS?? Why would a department in the middle of podunk nowhere buy KVLs on a government grant from DHS and not intend on using them? They gonna talk to the space aliens in Lincoln county?

ADP comes with almost every radio now, practically free. Its a simple matter just to turn it on. Goodbye scanner world and your friendly neighborhood wacker with the XTS3000 he wants to program up to listen on.

Like I said before, some of these departments I KNOW had encryption YEARS ago, before I retired. With narrowbanding, since new hardware is required in a lot of areas, its a perfect opportunity to complete projects started and never finished. Its only logical. You can guess and speculate all you want, don't say I didn't tell you so, when by Christmas, your favorite folks might as well be using cell phones for all the convos you are hearing. This is happening in every state, in damn near every locale. Its a salesman's dream time. An FCC mandated sales push.
Old 05-14-2013, 7:32 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thanks for the info IDCowboy1. So from what I have been hearing a PRO-106 or a 396XT will be just fine then.
Old 05-14-2013, 7:55 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey4176 View Post
Thanks for the info IDCowboy1. So from what I have been hearing a PRO-106 or a 396XT will be just fine then.
LOL!
Sponsored links
Old 05-14-2013, 8:03 PM

did you say. all washoe county repeaters are p25 now
Old 05-17-2013, 9:57 PM

On the way back through I noticed Humboldt county SO is running the same configuration as Winnemucca PD. From the way the traffic was flowing it appears as though they have a combined dispatch. Smokey, a 396XT will work just fine. As far as COM501 goes, you certainly called the encryption bit right *snicker*. Having the capability to encrypt and actually using it are two completely different things. If anyone is going to "speculate" on what the market is going to do, it would probably be better for you to wish in one hand and $#!t in the other. Fact is, Nevada is broke. State employees have been dealing with furloughs for the last two years due to the money situation. So unless the radio fairy craps out a load of radios, I don't think things are going to be changing too quickly around here. If nothing else, people will be looking to join NSRS since the infrastructure is already in place, running, and reliable.
Old 05-18-2013, 5:37 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thanks IDCowboy1 for getting me the info I have been looking for. Now I know what to do and what scanner to get. And yes both the SO. and PD. departments share the same dispatch.
Old 05-18-2013, 7:16 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by com501 View Post
LOL!
+1

lol
Sponsored links

Old 05-18-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey4176 View Post
Thanks IDCowboy1 for getting me the info I have been looking for. Now I know what to do and what scanner to get. And yes both the SO. and PD. departments share the same dispatch.
No worries. Glad to help!
Old 05-18-2013, 2:23 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
I would be willing to bet that Washoe County won't be P25 encrypted. They'll probably go something else, sure.
I wouldn't be buying anything in the way of a new scanner until Christmas, is all I'm saying, in fact that's all I'm going to say at all, period.
If you have done your homework, look at what they have BOUGHT, and drive around and look at what they are CARRYING, and look at board meetings, you will see exactly what is happening.
You can guess and speculate all you want, don't say I didn't tell you so, when by Christmas, your favorite folks might as well be using cell phones for all the convos you are hearing. This is happening in every state, in damn near every locale. Its a salesman's dream time. An FCC mandated sales push.
For some reason, I would be willing to bet that Harris has sold Washoe County and possibly the NSRS 'subscribers' on OpenSky.
Old 05-18-2013, 2:34 PM

com501 has said. all the washoe county. repeaters are P-25 capable. so why would they go and buy. open-sky system. you dont. get. federal grant money. buying open sky system. its not p25. so no fed money. XG-75 Multimode Portable Radio can do. open sky. and p25. if the state and washoe. do what LAS VEGAS tried and go broken sky. i will sue them for miss use of are. tax money
Old 05-18-2013, 2:43 PM

hey guys i stared. a new thread on talk about the washoe county regional communication system. let talk about it. there so we don,t get to off topic. and have the mods mad at us
Old 05-20-2013, 10:37 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Heck, even the City of Carlin has gone P95 encripted for their tac coms. Federal grant money, gotta love it.
$37.50 and a buck a mile.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:47 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Duh. No one believes me, but that's OK.
Sponsored links
Old 05-25-2013, 4:34 AM

Unhappy

05/25/2013
More crummy news:
Today on Churchill County Sheriff Primary (Fallon,Nv) heard Dispatch telling units to go Encrypted.
And yes all i heard from then on was typical digital white noise.

CCSO Primary: 155.1900 MHz Output 100.0 Ctcss Fairview Pk & Rattlesnake Pk

Thats all i can tell you for now.

Uniden BCT15(1), BR330T(1), Radio Shack Pro-163(2), Feindaxin FD-150(8),FD-450(8),
Puxing PX777(2), PX888(2), Weierwei VEV-868(1), Motorola Maxtrac(2), Motorola GP-300(6)
Old 05-25-2013, 5:07 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

It's encrypted. But don't believe me. I don't know anything. I just own a useless scanner.
Old 05-26-2013, 2:02 AM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
It's encrypted. But don't believe me. I don't know anything. I just own a useless scanner.
Stop tripping over it. You're taking it way too hard. If they don't want to listen then they can learn the hard way. Walk away with the feeling you were right without needing to hear it.
Please follow the forum rules and contact a moderator directly, not via a thread.
Old 05-26-2013, 7:10 PM

well if the sheriff. of Churchill County. feels the need for it. then he has a need. for it. its sad to see a another county go dark.
Old 05-28-2013, 9:59 PM

Im hearing Churchill County Fire (#9xx Units) in analog on CCSO Primary but the rest is encrypted.

Uniden BCT15(1), BR330T(1), Radio Shack Pro-163(2), Feindaxin FD-150(8),FD-450(8),
Puxing PX777(2), PX888(2), Weierwei VEV-868(1), Motorola Maxtrac(2), Motorola GP-300(6)