storey country sheriff p25 digital

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xts3000r

so the DB say's storey county has p25. has anyone heard them in p25 mode. or p25 testing? thanks

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
I have heard them in P25 since last year when it was updated IIRC.

X

xts3000r

wow ok i must be missing it when there in p25. cuz i have not heard them in p25. ok thanks for the reply

com501

Gee, I didn't know that CDM1550LS+'s did P25...... Saw a patrol car at a restaurant this morning, that's what was in it.

KF7RAY

Premium Subscriber
It might of been testing then, I honestly haven't listened in awhile so I couldn't remember 100%...

gvranchosbill

I search VHF Highband offten from Douglas County and i have not once heard any P-25 traffic on any Storey County frequency.
If i missed them testing P-25 it must had been very brief test.
All Storey repeaters are full quieting at my location.

X

xts3000r

where i live in reno. i can not hear ccso that well so i never heard them in p25 on there tac. storey i get well. and i never heard them try p25.

gvranchosbill

05/25/2013
No sooner than i comment on Digital Comms that Churchill County Sheriff today told units to go Encrypted.
And the rest of the day i only heard typical digital white noise.

CCSO Primary 155.1900 MHz Output 100.0 Ctcss Fairview Pk & Rattlesnake Pk.

I dont know if it is true encryption or digital mode, i have only analog radios.
I dont know any more than that for the moment.

SCPD

QRT
gvranchosbill thanks for letting us know. there's no rr feed. for them so we would never know. how much you want to bet. com501 has some thing to do with it. hes always saying all county's. in Nevada are going to be Encrypted.

com501

Oh, gee. That can't possibly be true. Somebody on this forum said that Nevada was broke and that nobody could afford fancy encryption. They also said that before they went encrypted they would go to EDACS.

Gee, I guess they were wrong. Huh. I seem to think I remember that I said something along those lines.

Expect to see more of this, and don't bother buying a scanner, they ARE encrypted. All I hear on my GRE is askdjf;alsdjiawreiasdkgjg.

Oh, and PS - they have been since about Wednesday, off and on.

SCPD

QRT
ok com501. why don't. you just give us a list. of all who will go encrypted. cuz you seem to know it all

com501

I'm gonna guess that any county using EDACS isn't going to encrypt this year. I think Nye and Lincoln are working on something down there with LV on their new system, and they already have something going with Nellis.

Some of the smaller counties are pretty broke, so they might not, but spin the wheel and throw a dart, your guess is as good as mine. You could always get the local papers sent to your house and read them, or read the board minutes, like I do.

gvranchosbill

Douglas County is border line broke also.
Patrol cars were retired around 80,000 mile i believe and the article i read a while back from county manager said that they would have to keep using until about 160,000 miles or totaled out of service.
But the county seems to be able to do what the White House refuses to do or doesnt know how, and make inteligent decisions without puting any new taxes on any goods in the county.
Hint: Ratio of Democrat,Republican,Independant residents of Douglas County, the facts dont lie.
Enough Politics for it is making me ill these days.
They cant fix county roadways,they have a skeleton public works crew and used to have Two-Way radios, but since Public safety taking those freqs and using them for DCSO Regional Channels, i dont hear anymore snowplow traffic or any other PW comms anymore.
They just installed (2014) a new UHF Down-Link (Analog) for voting Receiver located at double springs flat.
Given the multiple Voting sites and the comms still full of noise that i notice during snowstorms,conditions etc that going digital would be worse than the comms they have now

I hate digital and there is something about the way it sounds that isnt normal (Human Voice) and it doesnt take long for the audio to start affecting me.
I wonder if some time down the road it will start to have an effect on some people.
If it sounded like analog,able to hear the slightest sound in background, reproducing the human voice very close to original i would tolerate it..
Digital to me sounds like someone talking into a rag, with their mouth full of something then as soon as the signal degrades a bit it sounds like &^*()#$%^&*(!
This is my opinion not a professional one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.