LAS VEGAS - What Are These Communication Boxes Popping up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw these pics on a site,

but in general im wondering what they are...the antenna
looks like an 800 directional yagi..
but no idea what the box withthe screens are..by the shape in the
middle..a highway sign,,badge maybe?..

Last edited:
thanks for the link up..
i read that,or rather a similar one,but was hoping to hear a,,well,,less big brother-esqe
report..but seems like theyre exactly that.
thanks for link..hoping someone chimes in with a sweet wholesome explanation..

sc800

It looks like another politician getting their pockets greased.

Audible loudspeaker, yes lets see that get heard over traffic and inside cars where sirens can't even be heard

Recording conversations, probably illegal and same problem....feedback, background noise etc

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
The shapes in the center are the US Highway and the Interstate Highway system symbols. Looks like the can light up with a highway/interstate number and give info. 800MHz Yagi just means it's controlled remotely, like most electronic highway signs.

But hey, if people want to think they spew evil mind control radiation, then I guess I should invest in an aluminum foil company.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
mmckenna: I wish the Facebook integration on the forum allowed us to "like" individual posts.

ecps92

Don't go for the Generic Aluminum Foil, as it doesn't seem to work for some-people.
The Signals do leak from time-time :D

The shapes in the center are the US Highway and the Interstate Highway system symbols. Looks like the can light up with a highway/interstate number and give info. 800MHz Yagi just means it's controlled remotely, like most electronic highway signs.

But hey, if people want to think they spew evil mind control radiation, then I guess I should invest in an aluminum foil company.

ECPS92,,Love the avatar...

the thinking thats throwing me is the display for the route number..they planning on changing the hiway no.'s

forget the tin hat foolishness..if it Can announce And monitor/record..thats not a tin hat.its plain old creepy..
thats not uncle jeds consp blog,its local news.

Last edited:

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I'd be really surprised if it can monitor or record anything. Audio recording would be difficult with street noise, and I see no directional mic that would allow them to pick out an individual. I do not see a camera with a pan/tilt/zoom that would do any good.

There are also several interstates and US highways in the Las Vegas area, so not surprising it's flexible in what it can display.

ecps92

Thanks. :)

Morocco Mole is also avail :roll:

ECPS92,,Love the avatar...

the thinking thats throwing me is the display for the route number..they planning on changing the hiway no.'s

forget the tin hat foolishness..if it Can announce And monitor/record..thats not a tin hat.its plain old creepy..
thats not uncle jeds consp blog,its local news.

SCPD

QRT

I also noticed the shape in the center right away and guessed that it is some type of road status sign. I'm not sure where these things are located, but if they are on portions of roads that are near the freeways in Vegas then they might be used to advise of freeway traffic conditions.

Vegas members: once the project is completed and the use of these signs is known please report back on this thread. A friend of mine bought a house in Henderson and I will probably be visiting the area more than in the past.

That website on the link provided is a bit over the top. "Person of Interest" is about as fictional as it gets and people seem to be taking it a little too seriously. If they only knew how many person hours it takes to find anything on even one camera that might help in an investigation.

Really SWAGing this, but how about traffic diversion during flash flooding or other potential calamity?

Steve

yeah,i thought that,,from seeing hurricaine evac signs heading east from the georgia
shores,,
suppose could read rt81 to 56 for evacuation,,or somthing of the sort,like mentioned to help with traffic congestion

.....and remember,what happens in vegas stays in vegas...

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; U; en-US) Gecko/20081217 Vision-Browser/8.1 301x200 LG VN530)

And if you scroll down through the comments on Prison Planet, you'll find a link to a Nov 2011 Las Vegas Sun article about how the signs will show travel times on the freeways. smh at conspiracy theorists...

Status
Not open for further replies.