New/New Metro System

Status
Not open for further replies.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Ok so is the New TDMA system up and testing yet? Anyone hear any traffic on the psr-800's yet? Does anyone have any control channel data yet? Maybe it's too soon to expect any activity?

Dick33

They just signed the contract there is a lot of site work to be done first. I would guess by the end of the year or first of the year to hear anything. That is if Metro dose not muck it up !

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
Look back at one of the other threads. There was a link to the actual contract, I think it had a schedule in it.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator

Dick33

Looks the new license locations are dead on to the original site plan except for the VA hospital site was moved over to the Pecos and Bonanza area.

Attachments

• Digital700_800MHz_P25_PhaseIITrunkRadioSystemAgreement_67_67.pdf
    69.1 KB · Views: 237

crazynova

If all goes as planned, the P25 system should be up and running for all of patrol (the channels most like to listen to) by this time next year. A few area commands will be in place by mid-summer 2014.

spencer2223

are they going to encrpt or just the senstisve channels such as swat and is ems and fire going to jump in to radio cuz i hered they wanted them to jump on open sky but guess fire dept felt it was risk doing that

airsquad9

Premium Subscriber
So if they don't go encrypt then the new Uniden's (the 436HP and 536HP) should be able to pick them up?

Intimidator21801

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if the new Uniden BCD536HP and BCD436HP will work with LVMPD's P25 system?
And when are these new scanners up for sale? I looked on Unidens website & there is nothing listed. :(

737mech

Premium Subscriber
They said they would be available in January 2014. We'll see? No hurry as posted before wait and see if New system goes encrypted first. That may take several months until we hear they are using that system.

Status
Not open for further replies.