Clark County Fire Dispatches Now on the Web

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbart

I don't think I've seen it mentioned here. I happened upon a link on the Clark County website for Fire/EMS dispatches by the 911 Center. It's not terribly informative, but it does give addresses for the calls. In the last couple days they've inverted the listing, now the most recent is on top, they had been adding new incidents to the bottom of the list. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the five digit "District" number is a new addition in the last few days. Anyone know how to interpret these??

http://fire.co.clark.nv.us/AlarmOffice/Alarm Office.aspx

I guess you'll have to cut and paste - I just don't know how to make that a hyperlink!

I find it useful when I'm not listening to my scanner and hear a siren in the neighborhood... easy to determine what's happening. (Of course with all the new streets here in the North end, I usually have another window open with mapquest so I can truly locate the incident.

mbart

Oh! The hyperlink DID work!!!

Also, anyone have any idea whose clock were using here......is the time stamp on these posts off by about 16 hours??

TOUGHLIFE

The mapping system that is used in LV, NLV and Clark County usually involves two parts. The first is the District which is normally four numbers although the web site shows five so just ignore the first zero. I have a book for the valley although it is a few years old which has all the individual maps in it. Each District is one square mile and the next two numbers is called a phantom which is simply an artificial location within the District.

The districts start in the extreme NW part of the valley with the first being 1213 according to my old book. Keeping that each is a square mile in size they move from left to right with the next one being 1214, 1215 etc. Once they reach the far right side of the valley the 12 changes to 13 with the first district being 1314 in my old book and it once again moves from left to right moving eastward.
The third row would be district 1415 on the far left. If you look at a map of the valley with all the districts on it you would find that the third and fourth number of each district would match the numbers in the district showing immediately above and below. So in review, the first two numbers excluding the zero will identify a row moving from left to right and the second two numbers show a given one square mile area in that district. As you move eastward the second two numbers continue to increase.

The second part known as the phantom is contained within a given district and these always start with 11 in the extreme NW part of the district and move from left to right (west to east). The center of each phantom is approximately 1/9 of a mile from the next phantom. Moving from left to right the phantom numbers rise to 19 in the top row. Just below, the next row moving from left to right begins with phantom 21 and goes to 29. This process is repeated until phantom 99 is reached.
Below this is another district where the process starts once again.

The District gives you an idea of where in the valley the incident is located and the phantom is a location within the District.

Some people call the book a fire map book but Henderson PD and Metro use it as well. Some cities will sell you one for the streets contained within their entity. The book also shows where each fire hydrant is located and frequently the block number of many streets.

Hope this does not confuse the reader.

emtjohn

First actual post but I troll around every once in a while....
Toughlife...Good explanation of the districts and phantoms esqecially since it sound as though you never actually used them. I worked at AMR for 8 yrs and got to know them well. Used to be you could give me cross streets and I could give you the district and be no more than 1 number off. The reason the dispatch page shows 5 digits is that rural areas generally have five digits. When you look at the page look close at calls in Laughlin, Logandale, Searchlight, etc. The first two numbers start low in the north end of the Valley and get bigger going south. The second 2 start low in the far west and get bigger going east. With the phantoms. Dispatch info will include a district and phantom. Turn to the district page and put your finger on the given phantom and you should I beleive be within 100ft of the address. They are called Fire maps because they are put together and updated through Las Vegas Fire Dispatch...but like mentioned everyone in public safety in Vegas uses them. Why reinvent the wheel!

Last edited:

edgeman

The best way to save the link is to click on the link in the message. This will open up as a new browser window, Once this is done you can save the page in your favorites.

AG4WI

Fire Dispatch

If you use Google Task Bar you can CUT & PASTE the address and put address in search and click on Google Earth and it will zoom right down to the address.
It shows you right where the Fire Dept. has been dispatched to.
Works Great! If you don,t have Google Earth you can Download it here.

http://earth.google.com/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.