SNACC Setup Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NORCAL

I've tried to set up two SNACC sites: (1) Lake Las Vegas- Henderson and (2) Hacienda Hotel - Boulder City. I used the current frequencies listed for the SNACC system. I'm using an Uniden BCD996T. The following is the process I used to set up the system and the two sites. I first entered the new system using MOT Type 2 / P25 as the trunk system. Then I created the new sites Henderson and Boulder City. The choices given to me for each site on the BCD996 are P25, 800 MHz Standard, 800 MHz Splinter, 900 MHz band, VHF band, UHF band, and 800 MHz Custom. I've tried the P25 and 800 MHz standard selection as well as the 800 MHz custom. So far, I cannot get any of these to work. Does anyone know the correct set up procedure for the BCD996T for these sites and the SNACC system.

3mary2

SNACC

I believe the P-25 system is still in the testing stage. According to RR the only talk group is McCarren and some talk groups once in awhile in Nye County.. 737 mech would be someone to contact about this system and I believe he has the same scanner you do. Hope this helps you!

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Doug, :) The OP needs to use "MOT Custom/Reband Type II "as his system type. It is in the drop down menu he's describing at the very bottom. I'm using freescan to program. The unit itself has "800 Custom" That's the one you need for SNACC.

Last edited:

NORCAL

SNACC Set-up Procedures

Thanks for the feedback. I will try the 800 MHz Custom setup. Have you ever monitored the Henderson or Boulder City sites? I'm assuming the Talk Groups are correct for these sites.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the feedback. I will try the 800 MHz Custom setup. Have you ever monitored the Henderson or Boulder City sites? I'm assuming the Talk Groups are correct for these sites.

I program all the cc's into one site freq list then use the cc only feature. Works great for the snacc system. As far as I know the tgids are correct, some new ones have popped up recently that are actually digital p25 voice. So they sound like noise on an analog scanner but you hear it on a digital. It's the security for CCSN campus patrols.

Status
Not open for further replies.