Pahrump Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdillin

Premium Subscriber
I can still hear Pahrump Fire being dispatched but no longer hear the units. Does anyone know what changed?

Thanks!

Bill

bdillin

Premium Subscriber
Is there an active SNACC site in the Pahrump valley? I can't find any info on it.

SCPD

QRT
Sometimes mobile units are 5 mhz above the dispatch..they are dispatched on 155.4450..mobile may be on 160.4450.

or they could be on fire tac at 153.8900.

Nye County, Nevada (NV) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

they could also be on Nevada shared or SNACC

That 5 MHz offset is true for repeater use in the UHF band with the upper frequency being the input. Repeater frequency offset in VHF doesn't follow any patterns. Additionally systems that use remote bases using two frequencies the base and mobile frequencies are assigned with no pattern. In the VHF band when two frequencies are needed the FCC license applicant finds two that do not conflict with other existing licensed users.

160.445 is not a valid frequency and is within the railroad band. 160.440 is a valid frequency and under the new 12.5 kHz narrowband spacing the next one above it is 160.4475. A 5 MHz offset in VHF would cause frequencies in the maritime service be assigned as well. So not only is this offset not done, it is not possible.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
When I travel thru Pahrump I am not worrying about radio frequencies. I am sniffing out the fun stuff to do there if anybody can catch my drift. They have some nice establisments there to keep anybody busy with.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
SNACC

Years ago on cb one of those "Fine" places had a catchy invite, "Free coffee,free conversation..No obligation" I think that was the shady lady near Beatty.
Getting back on topic, is there SNACC tgids and sites in Pahrump? Please send them in to radioreference database.

gvranchosbill

A thought is that they are using the Nye County Trunked System and maybe the old VHF freq is simulcasting for pager use etc?
Im not up to date on Nye County VHF Trunking System and since the FCC Database is not up to check (Govt Shutdown) info i cant confirm my thoughts on this.
What ive read thus far suggests maybe Pahrump Fire is using SNACC and they are simulcasting disp on VHF?

Websites for Nye County Trunked Radio & SNACC 800 MHz and associated info.

http://nv-nyecounty.civicplus.com/DocumentCenter/View/21394

http://archive.pahrumpvalleytimes.com/2005/06/29/news/radio.html

Last edited:

bfperez

Premium Subscriber
A thought is that they are using the Nye County Trunked System and maybe the old VHF freq is simulcasting for pager use etc?
Im not up to date on Nye County VHF Trunking System and since the FCC Database is not up to check (Govt Shutdown) info i cant confirm my thoughts on this.

Website for Nye County Trunked Radio & SNACC 800 MHz and associated info.

http://nv-nyecounty.civicplus.com/DocumentCenter/View/21394

Wow. This makes OpenSky look like a stunning success.

bdillin

Premium Subscriber
What system/frequencies are the FD mobiles on? I can't seem to find any updated info on the site about it and I have not been able to find them on SNACC, the county system or the states system.

Dick33

Well they are on their old VHF channels or they have switched to SNACC. All reports from the Pahrump Valley Times indicate they are going to SNACC as the PD did. I know they have TG's assigned to them on SNACC and I have heard them A few times but they are not really busy, one dispatch in over an hour. I don't live there but I know there is one site confirmed but could be another or is coming. You should have no problem finding FD if they are using SNACC with a wild card TG search in you scanner, there is not much system traffic there with only two users.

bfperez

Premium Subscriber
In my scanner, I have control channel 859.9625 programmed for a site 13 in Pahrump.

I think it also shows up in Unitrunker when looking at the sites adjacent to site 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.