LVMPD on 800Mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.

clisp

I've entered 800 freq from jts203.com and it looks like metro is running full force on them freq
I did not try to figure them out , i used the repeaters only

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
I can't imagine that they awarded this MA/Com contract and they've already got systems on the air?

I'm leaving for Vegas Saturday morning on business, and I *thought* I had my 396 ready to go. Can anyone tell me if I need a bank of these 800MHz channels, or if they're just testing there, or ?

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
Could you elaborate the agency using 800 trunked again? I know Clark County Sheriff and LVFD and County FD are on the 800 system but wasn't aware that LVPD is using it. Are they simulcasting from the VHF freqs?

Jason

TOUGHLIFE

I have heard no trunking activity on any 800 MHz frequencies in regards to the LVMPD. Everything seems normal on the VHF high band freqs. they have been using for years. They have been licensed to use some 800 MHz freqs. for their future project but conventional they remain for now. I doubt they have even purchased any 800 MHz trunking radios as the contract has not even been signed. As a matter of fact the question as to whether they will go M/A Comm or Motorola will not be decided upon until after the Federal Court hearing in LV on Feb. 2nd and 3rd. Enough said.

TOUGHLIFE

Also, there is no LVPD, only a Las Vegas Metro PD which formed back in the mid-1970s' when the PD combined with the sheriff's dept.

TOUGHLIFE

As for other changes look for the North Las Vegas PD to join the SNACC system in the near future.

TOUGHLIFE

If you want to learn more as to what agency is on what system and other changes I would suggest acquiring a copy of the 4th edition of the Southern Nevada Scanner Book (cover says FEB 2006) which I saw at Radio World in Boulder City (702-294-2666) last Tuesday. I picked up one and like it as it seems to be a very good way to keep up with changes in regards to communications in the greater LV area. It has grown in size.

edgeman

Are these frequencies as shown on the jts203.com website in any LCN? If so what is the system they are on. Presently all I am hearing is what appears to be data only.

TOUGHLIFE

The newest 800 MHz freqs. recently licensed to the LVMPD are not being used. But the site mentioned in an earlier post also includes the mobile data channels which is not trunking but the in car terminals that have been in use for years. That should explain the activity question mentioned above.

jts203

Premium Subscriber
Vegas

The frequencies listed for North Las Vegas PD are in LCN order as they are currently on an Edacs system, as is the State on the NSRS Edacs system. The freqs listed for the Clark County SNACC system are in no order as it's a Motorola system and for most radios you only need the control channels. All the 800 freqs listed on the LVMPD page are mostly just newly licensed frequencies that they are probably going to use on their future system, whatever that may be. LVMPD has one 800 channel up that simulcasts their channel 1, the Information Channel and also a VHF channel that simulcasts NLVPD's main trunking talkgroup.

tbnmaster

Kirk said:
I can't imagine that they awarded this MA/Com contract and they've already got systems on the air?

I'm leaving for Vegas Saturday morning on business, and I *thought* I had my 396 ready to go. Can anyone tell me if I need a bank of these 800MHz channels, or if they're just testing there, or ?

If you have it programmed with whats in the RR database you'll be fine. LVMPD is still going strong on their old frequencies (for now). Enjoy your trip!

edgeman

Thanks for the reply. Did you know that is Orange County Ca. the various agencies are encrypting thier traffic? I wonder if Metro would do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.