help on pro-95

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey my pro-95 sorta crashed when it was fully programmed. all of my programmed frequencies and mean ALL 1000 frequencies read 4194.30375. the preprogrammed banks still work fine. Can anyone he me fix this without having to reset or intilize it?

als365

There's no way to restore your frequencies. You need to reset the scanner. Turn it on, hit 0 and then hit 1 immediately after turning it on before it begins scanning. That will reset your scanner. I would suggest getting the radio shack programming cable for your scanner and programming it remotely from your PC. That way you have a backup of your frequencies on your computer.

tbnmaster

Get that programming cable from Rat Shack and Win95 (which is a free program). It will save you a ton of trouble and headaches in the future if this ever happens again.

SCPD

QRT
The question is, what did you hear on 4194 MHz? Unfortunatly this has happened to me and it seems to be when I'm on a trip and can't reprogram the radio from the computer. I don't own a laptop yet, but once I get down that far on the priority list, would like to.

SCPD

QRT
I was just kidding about receiving something up that high. The radio is in no way capable of receiving in that range and the display is showing invalid information when it goes into such a glitch. It has happened to me more often than I would like to remember. My BC-200, 210, 235 have done this on ocassion and all of those scanners were prior to computer programming of memory. In the case of the BC-200 (a handheld) 200 frequencies took some time to reprogram, even though it did not have alphanumeric capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.