Las Vegas Metro Police Dept. Internet Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterrick

Does anyone know what happened to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department live Internet feed? It's been off of the LVMPD website for quite sometime and none of the other website that I've gone to that provide links to live Police and Fire broadcasts have valid links.

Rick

misterrick

Hey IdleMonitor I finally got a chance to check out that link you provided (I know, it's been almost a year since my last post) and I have to tell you that it's really neat to hear two different radio transmissions at the same time, It does take some getting use to but if I've found something that interests me I simply change the balance of the headset to either the left or right then when it's over go back to the center again.

Rick

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
It seems to be a popular feed, there's usually alot of people listening to it.

Would love to see if there's anything else around the state of Nevada as well.

I'm sure that Las Vegas can't be the only populated area? Although I'm sure it's the most popular.

ewink

I was thinking about setting up an LVMPD feed, but now I don't have to!

If anyone is interested in setting one up in the north, it's pretty easy. You just need a broadband internet connection, a live audio server like Shoutcast or some other server.

You even can do it if you have a dynamic ip address (which most cable/dsl connections do) with tools like DynDNS and Dynamic IP

While I am not an expert on the audio server aspects, if anyone is interested in setting something up, I'd be happy to help (via information) if I can!

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Nevada population

IdleMonitor said:
It seems to be a popular feed, there's usually alot of people listening to it.

Would love to see if there's anything else around the state of Nevada as well.

I'm sure that Las Vegas can't be the only populated area? Although I'm sure it's the most popular.
I am attending CES in Las Vegas. I brought a scanner with me and I cannot believe the amount of constant radio traffic in the LV area. WoW. All night long too.

I attended a conference yesterday in which a Nevada congressman stated there is 2.2 million people in Nevada and 1.8 million are in Clark County. That does not leave much for the rest of the state. I'd presume they are in Reno, Carson City and Winnemucca in that order.

ewink

Yeah just looking at a map, it seems like a lot of the state is pretty uninhabitable due to it either being Federal property, unfriendly terrain, or just in the middle of freakin' no where. :) But there also appears to be a ton of tiny towns all over the place.

Probably not much traffic there since the country folk tend to behave themselves better than the city folk. :)

VEGASBUFF

Hello Guys,
I host the Las Vegas Feed on IBN which includes, the fire departments out here and LVMPD, pretty soon i will be splitting the feeds one being LVMPD by itself, the other being all the fd's in the valley. for more information on how to listen to that feed go to www.incidentbroadcast.com and download teamspeak at www.goteamspeak.com

Regards,
Joseph Bowman

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Anyone out there can set up a Milair feed from Nellis?
Seems nobody out there listens to mil aircraft into Nellis AFB only the best
Airbase for current Red Flag Mil aircraft visitors.

It is not Area 51 and not a secret!
Wish someone in Vegas on this board would get in the Mil-air game!

Mark
Maryland USA

Status
Not open for further replies.