LV Scanner Book 4th Edition Update List Dated Feb. 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOUGHLIFE

AES reports that today they received an update sheet to the current edition of the LV Scanner Book which was published just a few weeks ago and it contains the new talk groups for the North Las Vegas PD. Yesterday, the NLVPD left the NSRS system and has gone Motorola. So much for EDACS for NLVPD. AES further advised that the sheet is free for anyone who has purchased the 4th edition. If I should get over there for a copy of the sheet I will post the talk groups after verification.

mbart

Nlvpd

You mentioned they've moved to a Motorola system.....have they joined SNACC? I thought I heard them on that system, talkgroup 36560.

TOUGHLIFE

Yes, AES has that new book with an update sheet dated 2-10 that has about 14 new talk groups for NLVPD on it and they have joined the SNACC system. The one you heard is their NWAC Dispatch channel.

Part of the fun of monitor radio listening is searching for new talk groups.

TinEar

I just saw an item on the newswire from Reuters that Las Vegas gave an $8.9-million contract to M/A-COM for an OpenSky system for the police department. That's certainly going to affect the ability to monitor the system, won't it?

Alan

TOUGHLIFE

Motorola is challenging that in court at the present time and even if it happens there is still a lot more to monitor than just the LVMPD as it is only one law enforcement entity in Southern Nevada.

Status
Not open for further replies.