North Las Vegas Police Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

smclassics

Hi everyone. If you've noticed in the past few days no traffic going on the North Las
Vegas Police EDACS on the following freq's of 856.7375, 857.7375, 858.7375, 859.7375,
860.7375, there is nothing wrong with your radio.

After going a simple search of the 800Mhz trunking band I found the new freq's listed
below.

North Las Vegas Police: 01 -- Motorola 800Mhz Type 2 Standard

1. 868.7375 = Control Channel
2. 867.1625 = Analog Voice
3. 857.9875 = Analog Voice
4. 868.2625 = Analog Voice
5. 866.4625 = Analog Voice

North Las Vegas Police: 02 -- Motorola 800Mhz Type 2 Standard
Extender Repeater

1. 868.3375 = Control Channel
2. 866.3250 = Analog Voice
3. 867.1250 = Analog Voice
4. 866.8000 = Analog Voice

Quick Note: The same calls are relayed over from Site 01. You'll have to try both
and see which repeater is stronger for your area.

The same Group codes and police calls are also being heard on the Las Vegas
Fire Department trunking system as listed below. Both Fire and Police are sharing
this system.

1. 855.7125 = Analog Voice
2. 856.2625 = Analog Voice
3. 856.4375 = Analog Voice
4. 856.7125 = Analog Voice
5. 856.7625 = Analog Voice
6. 857.4875 = Analog Voice
7. 857.7625 = Analog Voice
8. 858.7625 = Analog Voice
9 859.2625 = Analog Voice
10. 856.2125 = Analog Voice
11. 859.4625 = Analog Voice
12. 859.9375 = Analog Voice
13. 860.2625 = Control Channel
14. 860.4375 = Control Channel
15. 860.4875 = Control Channel
16. 860.9375 = Control Channel
------------------------------------------------------------------

I'f tried the new EDACS system know as ProVoice and have no luck hearing anything.
But I do hear the North Las Vegas Police loud and clear using a simple Uniden 396T
on the new 800 Mhz MOT freq's no problem.

Until more news come out about which system they are going to use and stay with,
these freq's as of now work loud and clear.

Just to be on the safe side, program all the channel in just incase the control channel
is not fixed and changes.

TOUGHLIFE

Since last July the NLVPD was planning on joining the SNACC TRS which they finally did on Feb. 8th when the changeover happened. The old radios have been collected so it is expected that they will remain on the SNACC system for the long term. Until the SNACC system becomes a Smart Zone system it will be very easy to hear them all over the valley as well as in Boulder City by simply monitoring the SNACC system using the basic 16 frequencies that cover Red Mtn., the Rio Hotel, and Black Mtn. as the sites are simulcasted.

smclassics

Thanks for that information. I wonder who will take over the old N.LV PD
It would be intresting to find out who take over the old EDACS system the N.LV.PD
was using just last week.

TOUGHLIFE

Don't be surprised if the NLV Public Works Dept. divisions continue to utilize the old system as that was the original plan.

NORCAL

I've always had trouble with programming my scanner for Motorola Trunk Type II systems. To use the info provided, what is the Base, Spacing Frequencies, and Offser Channel that must be programmed to use this system?

Also, should the North Las Vegas Police 01 set and 02 set of frequencies be loaded in separate channels? I use a Uniden BC785D Trunk II scanner. The operator's manual is not exactly clear how this works. It also mentions several plans for the Control Chanel to be activated. I'm not sure what this really does.

Your help is appreciated.

tbnmaster

NORCAL said:
I've always had trouble with programming my scanner for Motorola Trunk Type II systems. To use the info provided, what is the Base, Spacing Frequencies, and Offser Channel that must be programmed to use this system?

Also, should the North Las Vegas Police 01 set and 02 set of frequencies be loaded in separate channels? I use a Uniden BC785D Trunk II scanner. The operator's manual is not exactly clear how this works. It also mentions several plans for the Control Chanel to be activated. I'm not sure what this really does.

There is no base, offset or spacing needed for these frequencies......... Program them like they are and they'll work.

smclassics

NORCAL said:

Just like the last person quoted, there is no base and offsets. Just too save on scanner
memory space, I would just program in SITE-01 only and give it the proper tag name.
Default settings for 800Mhz trunking should be all you need. If you can select I-Calls,
do so, you will hear some intresting chatter from the police at night.

Also set your trunking to "I.D. Search" Not "I.D.Scan" This way you allow all traffic
to pass through and you can take notes on active group codes being used.

In the event your scanner will not do I.D. Search, then here are come dispatch and car
to car group codes to get you started

---------------
Group Codes - SITE 01 -
---------------

---------------

This is still an incomplete listing of group codes, so hopfully others reading this post
will discover more group codes and post them in here.

mbart

Just a bit confused....well, okay, a lot confused.

The lead post in this thread seems to be telling me that if I use the frequencies shown - either the "01" or "02" system for North Las Vegas, I'll only hear NLVPD, as opposed to scanning the SNACC frequencies where I'll find North Las Vegas traffic repeated as well as all the other SNACC members.

Am I interpreting this correctly??

Thanks again everyone.

Jesse_Anthem

Snacc

Hello boys and gals!

was just wondering if anybody has an updated DB of snacc...
i have been trying to monitor Henderson PD but can only
pick up partial conversation. in other words, i can listen to the channel but occasionally i hear where the middle of the conversation begins rather than start to finish.

I guess I am missing an alternate ch or a control ch... or god knows what
I have used every DB from this website, also from the Southern NV Scanner Book feb '08
and nothing seems to work.

I am located in Henderson.

PLEASE HELP BECAUSE IT'S GETTING ME FRASTRUATED

eraweeb

Here are all the NLV TGID's that I have programmed in.

The first list are all up and working loud and clear:

36560 NW PATROL
36464 CAR TO CAR
36432 DETENTION CENTER
36400 SPECIAL OPS
35952 DETECTIVES
35248 NORTH PATROL
36112 CAR TO CAR
36592 INFO 2
36624 CAR TO CAR 4
36656 NE PATROL
36688 SOUTH PATROL
36720 PRIMARY INFO

There is also several TGID's listed as "unknown" or "training" in the 2008 Southern NV Book. I have not monitored anything on these yet but I list them here for your future use:

eraweeb

Jesse_Anthem said:
Hello boys and gals!

was just wondering if anybody has an updated DB of snacc...
i have been trying to monitor Henderson PD but can only
pick up partial conversation. in other words, i can listen to the channel but occasionally i hear where the middle of the conversation begins rather than start to finish.

I guess I am missing an alternate ch or a control ch... or god knows what
I have used every DB from this website, also from the Southern NV Scanner Book feb '08
and nothing seems to work.

I am located in Henderson.

PLEASE HELP BECAUSE IT'S GETTING ME FRASTRUATED

I am having no problem monitoring all of the Henderson channels loud and clear and I live in the far NW corner of LV. For the SNACC I use all the freqs listed in the 2008 book for the Angel, Apex, and Sunrise sites.

Maybe you should compare those freqs with the ones that you are using and see if you are missing something.

Jesse_Anthem

tnx

Thank you
I think i got it rolling now by using only 4 control channels and plan 2 on the uniden

i have sent numerous messages to people around the lv area and only you, eraweeb helped me. thank you so much

Jesse_Anthem

Clark Country Trunked System

what has been the case with this system? i dont hear anything anymore, although the scanner would lock on a control channel with full bars theres still no activity, i have had the same setup for couple of months now and it worked well untill couple of days ago..

any of you guys know of any change to the system??

djroliepolie

Hi My name is Kenny I bought a NEW police scanner so I can listen to the north las vegas and henderson police my problem is that I can not figure out how to program the scanner with the trunk freqs? if your intrest and i will pay you as well please show me how or do it for me you can e-mail me at djnside@hotmail.com thank you... oh I have a Uniden BC 246T trunk tracker III. if you r not interested and you may know some one who is please me any info. I bought this scanner almost a year ago and I still can not figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.