Elko to LA via Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

joen7xxx

Can you guys tell me which of the NV Shared TRS sites to load for the trip?

I'll catch the obvious ones such as Elko, Peeve, Alamo etc. Which site in the Vegas valley gives the best overall coverage along the interstate, (Potosi?)? I've ordered the So NV directory from AES, horefully I get it next week.

TOUGHLIFE

The last time I drove thru White Pine and Lincoln counties all the NHP activity was on the VHF conventional system. Sunrise Mtn. will give you the best overall coverage in the LV area and when you are s/b on I-15 from US 93. In the SW part of the LV valley as you are leaving it I would suggest the Sloan site as outlined in the book. Potosi will work well especially on LV3, the rural talkgroup for NHP. Near Jean, NV use the Big Horn site as outlined on page 29 of the book. The book makes reference to set numbers which is exactly that, frequency sets and should not be confused with site numbers that you will find on different web sites. Set numbers are often reused in different spots of Nevada on the NSRS.

One mistake many people make on an EDACS system deals with the LCN. Yes, the frequencies must be entered into the radio in a particular order but it is NOT always in frequency order going from the lowest to the highest frequency for that particular site.

Don't forget the conventional standard 800 MHz mutual aid frequencies. From time to time NHP units conducting speed enforcement in large groups will go to one of these for unit to unit radio traffic.

Happy listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.