New Years Eve

Status
Not open for further replies.

3mary2

Good Morning,

Does anyone know the main freqs to be used by Metro for the New Years Eve celebration on the Strip? Had last years, but I programmed over them and now I don't have tem any more. Anything dealing with the celebration will be greatly appreciated. MANY THANKS

TOUGHLIFE

I might suggest the following based upon previous years monitoring:
Take a look at the Sept 2006 issue of the Southern Nevada Scanner Book for Metro's complete list on page four.
Past years have often used Tac 1 Channel 10 159.135 and Tac 2 Channel 11 159.195.
Both of them are used in the repeater mode.
At the FSE (Fremont Street Experience) party a simplex channel was often used so I would monitor Channel 12 153.965.
Tac 16, also simplex 156.210 has been used at the FSE.
Not often used during NYE but worth monitoring is the Special Events Repeater 155.145.

The LVMPD traffic channel (simplex) 155.460 will often be active for this event.
The Metro air units often talk to their base or among themselves on 156.030 (S&R) in the repeater or simplex mode. They have been heard on 150.775 also.

Metro might be using React to assist them in some activities so monitor 460.050.

I believe that last year Metro also used 158.775 in the repeater mode for crowd control activities on the South Strip area.

In recent years Metro has tried not to use the normal dispatch channels for NYE activity.

I would not neglect the SNACC system for fire/medical activities related to the party activities at the FSE and the South Strip. Based upon previous years I suggest the following:
ID 42256 CCFD (Probably South Strip paramedics dispatching)
ID 42320 CCFD (Fire Prevention personnel monitoring the pre-fireworks launching activities such as wind speed which is critical to having the show or not)
All of the following have been used during NYE for CCFD paramedic dispatching: ID 42416, 42448, 42480, 42512, 42544, 42576.

One can never have enough radios during New Year's Eve in Las Vegas if you want to hear all the action. It's my favorite evening when about twenty radios of mine are usually in operation. Happy listening to all.

Before I forget NHP usually devotes LV4 (ID 05-127) on the EDACS system to their role on NYE. The Allied channel is often used for it as well (ID 05-123). Last year they used officers in different divisions of the DPS (Dept. of Public Safety) for traffic control, and prisoner holding and transport).

Again, happy listening to all. Staying at home monitoring the radios is much more enjoyable than having to work or going out and partying. Be safe.

TOUGHLIFE

Also, the Nevada Military Department (National Guard) has had some units on standby during New Year's Eve in previous years and of course they do use radio from time to time and can be found on the NSRS (The State's EDACS System). So if you are inclined monitor the following talkgroups:
05-067 South Aid Channel
05-065 Task Force South
05-061 Emergency Operations Center

Happy Listening

ewink

I get to go to work and monitor!

Something I might add, this summer they used their new Southern Highlands channel for Safe Strip, so that might be used as well. When I have a chance to get out to my car and check my scanner I will edit this post and add the frequency, unless someone beats me to it.

Erin

edit1: Off the strip, being that last NY was my first here in Vegas I was amazed to hear them over event #1000 by 4 am, when usually they are around 400 or so. :eek: Busy night!

ewink

ewink said:
I get to go to work and monitor!

Something I might add, this summer they used their new Southern Highlands channel for Safe Strip, so that might be used as well. When I have a chance to get out to my car and check my scanner I will edit this post and add the frequency, unless someone beats me to it.

Erin

edit1: Off the strip, being that last NY was my first here in Vegas I was amazed to hear them over event #1000 by 4 am, when usually they are around 400 or so. :eek: Busy night!
159.0000 is the Southern Highlands channel they use for Safe Strip and might be good for monitoring NYE!

Status
Not open for further replies.