NHP 10-8 George, yellow, zebra etc. ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOUGHLIFE

A complete list of the DPS NHP radio codes (10 and 11 series), special codes, criminal history codes, older DPS incident disposition codes (some non-NHP divisions within DPS still use them), the newer DPS incident disposition codes (A-Z), DPS radio call designators, as well as the beat codes can all be found in the 9-2006 edition of the Southern Nevada Radio Scanner Book. I believe that Amateur Electronics Supply (AES) in Las Vegas carries it as well as Radio World in Boulder City. I suggest you check it out. I like the book so much that I keep one copy in my vehicle and one in my residence. I believe it is published every seven months based upon the cover dates of the five editons that I possess. Sixty-four pages packed full of information and produced locally.

TOUGHLIFE

DPS NHP Dispo "G" is Traffic Stop With Citation. "Y" is Paperwork completed (Tie to CAD Incident If Appropriate). CAD is Computer Assisted Dispatching something NHP did without for many years until about 2001. Before that advancement a dispatcher would handle radio calls often from multiple agencies using multiple talkgroups, answering the telephone, running inquiries thru NCIC, NCJIS (Nevada Criminal Justice Information System), NLETS (National Law Enforcement Telecommunications System), and SCOPE (Shared Computer Operation for Protection & Enforcement), the local system. Logs of radio traffic were handwritten and another sheet was used to keep track of what units were in service, out of service, or on a variety of calls. It was very difficult for a dispatcher to keep up and this combined with the low pay caused many of them to take jobs with the LVMPD or Henderson PD which paid much better and had far superior working conditions.

TOUGHLIFE

Dispo "Z" is a catch all which means Incident Type Completed - All Other Dispositions

Status
Not open for further replies.