Which frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2wml

Premium Subscriber
ok, I am lost. I own a copy of the so. nv scanner book dated feb 06. I was comparing it to the rr database in regards to snacc frequencies. I noticed that snacc is using a lot more frequencies than is what is published. In my scanner book, upper black mtn has 2 different call signs. WPQF978 and wnqu894. they have 2 different sets of frequencies. Have they combined the 2? i own a bct15 so I only have to program a control channel, but i also own a bc245. So what I am asking is what set of frequencies do i need to program? It seems like i have to do both. I live near Red Rock in Summerlin. Thanks
Bill

TOUGHLIFE

The SNACC system has been in the process of building additonal sites so when they shift to a Smart Zone system each site will be independant of the others. At the present time in the LV valley simply program in the frequencies associated with the system showing on the first page where the system is described (page 13 in the 9-2006) edition, in the paragraph below the listing of agencies which participate in the system. This will work fine for now. I like programming in all the frequencies for a given site just in case the control channel changes.

w2wml

Premium Subscriber
i dont have the edition from sept., I just have feb. which lists 16 total frequencies. I entered the frequencies in my 245 and noticed I was missing converstations. I was listening to fire all fire talk groups at he time nothing else. I entered all frequencies from "red Mountain" and it seems to be working fine. Any thoughts or did i miss something in your reply. Thanks, Bill

TOUGHLIFE

In my copy of the book, the frequencies that I made reference to match identically what is shown for Red Mountain under the callsign of WNQU894. This site is one of three sites that are currently used in the simulcast mode for the SNACC system. I think the prior copy shows the same but I don't have it readilly accessible.

w2wml

Premium Subscriber
I programmed both WNQU894 and WPQF978. (red Mountain) That was the only way I could hear all of it. Let me know if you see different. Thanks

Last edited:

edgeman

I'm using the frequency list on page 13 of the Sept 06 edition of the NV. scanning guide and I great reception on the west side of the valley. I put in the Red Mountian Frequencies as well. But when I'm in the truck on the east side of the valley, neither of these work very well. What set of frequencies would you all recommend for the east side of the valley?

TOUGHLIFE

SNACC System

I have all of those freqs. programmed into whatever radio I am using at the time and do not operate in control channel mode only should the control channel change. In all parts of town I have not had a problem listening to what I wish to monitor on the system. Of course when simulcasting goes away and the "Smart Zone" system takes over it will be a whole different game.

Status
Not open for further replies.