Question regarding Nashua Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMac00068

Premium Subscriber
Good Morning.

Before I go any further let me share that I have dug around RR as well as some others sites for the answer and couldn't find it.

I am the owner of a HP1 without the Extreme feature (too much money) ... I do have the Arc Patrol installed and am familiar with both it and with Senteniel and have that pretty much mastered.

I live in the Lowell area... I can pick up Pelham, Department of Safety (NHSP) and Hillsborough Cty Sheriff. What I cannot pick up is the Nashua PD/Fire frequencies. I went back in this morning and took out the Primary Channel that were NOT highlighted and kept in: 852.55000c 852.75000c 853.26250c and 853.45000c.

I've got the live audio feed going now and have heard NFD and NPD and now am stumped. I purchased a mobile mag mount thru Scanner Master thinking that I may be in a dead zone and thought that would solve it but no such luck.

I've dabbled in scanners since I was little so I have a grasp to a point of whats going on. Im just stumped on this... Any input would be helpful thnx.

ecps92

I've experience the Nashua system doesnt carry much outside of Nashua.

I would say head North on 3 and see if you hear it while in Nashua...that would help narrow down the issue :wink:

Good Morning.

Before I go any further let me share that I have dug around RR as well as some others sites for the answer and couldn't find it.

I am the owner of a HP1 without the Extreme feature (too much money) ... I do have the Arc Patrol installed and am familiar with both it and with Senteniel and have that pretty much mastered.

I live in the Lowell area... I can pick up Pelham, Department of Safety (NHSP) and Hillsborough Cty Sheriff. What I cannot pick up is the Nashua PD/Fire frequencies. I went back in this morning and took out the Primary Channel that were NOT highlighted and kept in: 852.55000c 852.75000c 853.26250c and 853.45000c.

I've got the live audio feed going now and have heard NFD and NPD and now am stumped. I purchased a mobile mag mount thru Scanner Master thinking that I may be in a dead zone and thought that would solve it but no such luck.

I've dabbled in scanners since I was little so I have a grasp to a point of whats going on. Im just stumped on this... Any input would be helpful thnx.

johnmac

Feed Provider
I monitor from Westminster MA and get the Nashua System full quieting. See my programmed list freq.

Attachments

• Nashua.JPG
    Nashua.JPG
    14.5 KB · Views: 198

CMac00068

Premium Subscriber
Much thanks for the input

I wanted to thank everyone for their input... I did purchase a mag attenna from ScannerMaster thinking that the stock antenna stunk for the HP-1 and also a regular antenna wouldn't work due to renting a duplex.. I do now get better reception and still have the issue with not receiving Nashua.

One thing I have learned over the years is that there are dead spots everywhere. I encounter it daily with my employment and communication. Where I live at in the Lowell area I am in a lower elevation and that may be the issue. When I do have the time I will take the HP up to the Pheasant Lane Mall in Nashua and experiment.

I overall am enjoying the HP1. Scanning has come a long way from the days of crystals and not having the option of programming your own frequencies by pressing a few buttons.

NYRHKY94

CMac00068:

For what it's worth, I can receive Nashua PD/FD from my work location in Chelmsford using a Pro-106 with just the RS 800MHz rubber ducky.

Mike

NYRHKY94

CMac00068:

FYI - I brought my HP-1 one to my work location in Chelmsford and I'm receiving Nashua PD & FD loud & clear from here using just the rubber duck antenna.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.