RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > New Hampshire Radio Discussion Forum

New Hampshire Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of New Hampshire.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 10:14 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Question Question regarding Nashua Frequencies

Good Morning.

Before I go any further let me share that I have dug around RR as well as some others sites for the answer and couldn't find it.

I am the owner of a HP1 without the Extreme feature (too much money) ... I do have the Arc Patrol installed and am familiar with both it and with Senteniel and have that pretty much mastered.

I live in the Lowell area... I can pick up Pelham, Department of Safety (NHSP) and Hillsborough Cty Sheriff. What I cannot pick up is the Nashua PD/Fire frequencies. I went back in this morning and took out the Primary Channel that were NOT highlighted and kept in: 852.55000c 852.75000c 853.26250c and 853.45000c.

I've got the live audio feed going now and have heard NFD and NPD and now am stumped. I purchased a mobile mag mount thru Scanner Master thinking that I may be in a dead zone and thought that would solve it but no such luck.

I've dabbled in scanners since I was little so I have a grasp to a point of whats going on. Im just stumped on this... Any input would be helpful thnx.
Sponsored links
Old 07-31-2012, 11:09 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I've experience the Nashua system doesnt carry much outside of Nashua.

I would say head North on 3 and see if you hear it while in Nashua...that would help narrow down the issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMac00068 View Post
Good Morning.

Before I go any further let me share that I have dug around RR as well as some others sites for the answer and couldn't find it.

I am the owner of a HP1 without the Extreme feature (too much money) ... I do have the Arc Patrol installed and am familiar with both it and with Senteniel and have that pretty much mastered.

I live in the Lowell area... I can pick up Pelham, Department of Safety (NHSP) and Hillsborough Cty Sheriff. What I cannot pick up is the Nashua PD/Fire frequencies. I went back in this morning and took out the Primary Channel that were NOT highlighted and kept in: 852.55000c 852.75000c 853.26250c and 853.45000c.

I've got the live audio feed going now and have heard NFD and NPD and now am stumped. I purchased a mobile mag mount thru Scanner Master thinking that I may be in a dead zone and thought that would solve it but no such luck.

I've dabbled in scanners since I was little so I have a grasp to a point of whats going on. Im just stumped on this... Any input would be helpful thnx.
Old 08-15-2012, 8:24 AM

I can pick up Nashua radio traffic around the 495 chelmsford area.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:35 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I monitor from Westminster MA and get the Nashua System full quieting. See my programmed list freq.
Attached Images

Old 08-23-2012, 6:29 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Sadly the OP has not logged back in since his original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmac View Post
I monitor from Westminster MA and get the Nashua System full quieting. See my programmed list freq.
Sponsored links
Old 08-26-2012, 11:59 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Red face Much thanks for the input

I wanted to thank everyone for their input... I did purchase a mag attenna from ScannerMaster thinking that the stock antenna stunk for the HP-1 and also a regular antenna wouldn't work due to renting a duplex.. I do now get better reception and still have the issue with not receiving Nashua.

One thing I have learned over the years is that there are dead spots everywhere. I encounter it daily with my employment and communication. Where I live at in the Lowell area I am in a lower elevation and that may be the issue. When I do have the time I will take the HP up to the Pheasant Lane Mall in Nashua and experiment.

I overall am enjoying the HP1. Scanning has come a long way from the days of crystals and not having the option of programming your own frequencies by pressing a few buttons.
Old 08-26-2012, 7:55 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

CMac00068:

For what it's worth, I can receive Nashua PD/FD from my work location in Chelmsford using a Pro-106 with just the RS 800MHz rubber ducky.

Mike
Old 08-28-2012, 7:33 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

CMac00068:

FYI - I brought my HP-1 one to my work location in Chelmsford and I'm receiving Nashua PD & FD loud & clear from here using just the rubber duck antenna.

Mike