unknown L.T.R

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainetrunk

2 way communication has an L.T.R in farmington. They say it can be scanned, but you have to know the L.C.N..Anyone got that system?The H.R move is no good, No good to tune it. It caught a trunking freq once but was labled ???unknown L.T.R
Thanks
Ron

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
What are the frequencies? 2 Way utilizes various repeaters around the area both analog and digital.

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
I believe I hear digital traffic on 451.8875 and if I remember, they're using MotoTrbo which can not be monitored easily with a scanner. There is software to tap into the voice, but it requires accessing the inside of the scanner. I also think it would not be LTR if its using the digital.

mainetrunk

I just got back from signal chasing. While watching tv, my signal stalker went off on 466.4625. I quickly tuned in to 461.4625, hoping for a pl and identtity of said freq. Well,its part of 2 way ltr. It was downeast energy that set the whole thing in motion. Still, wont tune to ltr-makes like csq. But I know it is ltr. The data burst is there. Hmmmmm. No help from the pro 106. Help?. Fyi-thank god, that signal I chased was 2/10 of a mile away in a quiet hood. Was not easy trying to not look like I am checking out his antenna and name on truck.. Also right by a school. Call me mr.quick--scan. LOL

KE5TLF

Sounds pretty much the same as every little LTR system in existence around here too.

They hardly ever have more than 1 or 2 users, and as such never use more than one channel. This is the main thing that makes them pretty much impossible to map out via monitoring. Though the flip side of that is that you don't need to map out the entire thing since 99.9% of the time only one channel is ever being used.

More recently mapping them out has become even more impossible as the radio shops that own these systems are either integrating, or completely replacing, them with TRBO or IDAS, depending on if they are a Motorola or ICOM/Kenwood shop, and migrating LTR customers to digital. Which, of course, in turn reduces, or completely eliminates, any traffic they had on their LTR system.

mainetrunk

I beg to differ about how many users on ltr. I'm not a tech, but a freq chaser. Quimby on Mt. Aggie has 2 systems with about 12 users between both sites. I just got Irving's ltr id. I got most tagged- 3 bus channels, med transport, another trans, proulx,eastern propane (also found yesterday)n.hampton bus,rollinsford bus, and 2 cab companies. Dixie-NEW,sunshine cab-which I drove when I got my 1st scanner. R.S earlier analog 1 touch model. Had no clue as to the data bursts, or any trunk. As far as I knew-there was p25 and analog-with encyption. THATS IT. Now, I am overwhelmed with ALL this radio fun. Any who, thanks. If theres a place here to unload my knowledge of entities, I will. I scan it all-cmp-935-mo.-at aggie, barrington, and concord area. Ron-pro 106x3 bcd396xt-1,bct15x, pro 94

KE5TLF

...and I didn't imply that LTR as a whole was a little used technology either, only that when it is, etc. etc, and so forth, as already stated.

What you seem to be describing is that you are now chasing such a system.

If it is an active system you're chasing then maybe it isn't LTR standard, or it's a hybrid analog/digital system and the digital stuff is messing things up.

Anywho.....happy hunting...

Last edited:

mainetrunk

What can I say? I love to scan , as long as I know what the system is-and the entities. Well, 1 unknown system wont hurt me. Thanks anywho-NEXT,,,,LOL,happy holidays

KE5TLF

I'm right there with ya on that. :)

Can't figure it all out as fast as you want sometimes either. Just keep poking at it from time to time. It's unlikely it's going anywhere anytime soon. (short of maybe going full on digital at some point anyway.)

There are LTR sites around me that I've pretty much never heard being used, yet the owners keep paying the power bill for them. LOL (which is really beyond me why they do)

mainetrunk

Yes, you are right. The 935 mo-in Barrington nh has 1 entity on it. Their bus. I always wonderred about (abandoned) repeaters. No takers. Someone has to pay-electric, property tax, so on... Well, better them than me in that financial obligation. Wish I could have all their leftovers-make the scanner from , welll- lets say MAINE--HAHA..

Status
Not open for further replies.