New freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonerbo

highway freq

Please excuse the lack of info new to this. Our highway dept in Lebanon NH just changed radios amonth ago. It would be in Grafton County, Lebanon NH.

tonerbo

Many Thanks

Thanks for the quick feedback, I guess I joined a great group. 1 more question if I may? I have a digital trunking scanner will I be able to pickup narrow band when my city goes to it??

mainetrunk

You shoulnt-, but if your scanner has NFM included in the A.M/F.M dept, You may want to EDIT your freqs. I dont know about past Unidens, but my 396xt and bct15x have the N.F.M capability. The pro 106 has it-but wont program itself for N.F.M..That you do yourself. Everythings fine on my pro 84-no difference.

ecps92

With agencies narrowbanding and some going TRBO it's hard to tell
without knowing the Original Frequency / tone you are listening to.. :confused:

However, spending sometime on the FCC for just Lebanon Freqs there are many new licenses and pending applications to make changes in Lebanon

One of them is the Highway Department going TRBO [scanners cant listen to them directly] and adding a Repeaters...

Thanks for the quick feedback, I guess I joined a great group. 1 more question if I may? I have a digital trunking scanner will I be able to pickup narrow band when my city goes to it??

ecps92

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
Try keeping 155.100 in, but add 159.240. Their license with 155.100 (WPTV821) already on it has a pending modification to add 159.240 as a repeater.

The modification application indicates they are applying for both Analog and MotoTrbo Digital modes in narrowband. The analog will likely have a PL/DPL added. Unfortunately, if they go to the MotoTrbo, you scanner will not decode it without an invasive procedure to tap the audio.

tonerbo

Nac

I have 1 more ?? is it possible to program a RS Pro 197 to a freq and then have it scan for the NAC on just that freq? This is that 155.100 PW and I was told I need the NAC in order to hear it. Thanks in advance.

ecps92

P25 aka NAC, is not the same as MotoTRBO, so No.

Unless you have identified they are going P25 and the license is wrong as it indicates MotoTrbo

I have 1 more ?? is it possible to program a RS Pro 197 to a freq and then have it scan for the NAC on just that freq? This is that 155.100 PW and I was told I need the NAC in order to hear it. Thanks in advance.

tonerbo

RS Pro 197

Can someone pls explain how to search freq 155.000-156.000 and continue to search, not just scan once. I want to scan between these 2 freqs till I cancel the search.

Thanks
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.