RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > New Hampshire Radio Discussion Forum

New Hampshire Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of New Hampshire.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 7:44 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Question NH P-25 phase ?

I presume that currently all NH agencies with P-25 (non-trunked, i.e. SP and individual towns) are phase 1. I will be purchasing an Icom F1821D soon, and am concerned that it will be useless for monitoring these agencies should they switch to phase 2. I read somewhere on RR forums that phase 2 is only to be used with trunked systems. Is this correct and I have nothing to worry about, or should I hold off or rethink my purchase. Thanks!
Sponsored links
Old 04-14-2013, 7:46 AM

Phase II only applies to P25 trunking, that is correct. There is no standard for using TDMA with conventional P25 frequencies, not yet at least.
Old 04-14-2013, 7:53 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thanks Chauffeur6. That's what I thought - just wanted to make sure. Appreciate your fast response!
Old 04-16-2013, 10:59 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbass View Post
I presume that currently all NH agencies with P-25 (non-trunked, i.e. SP and individual towns) are phase 1. I will be purchasing an Icom F1821D soon, and am concerned that it will be useless for monitoring these agencies should they switch to phase 2. I read somewhere on RR forums that phase 2 is only to be used with trunked systems. Is this correct and I have nothing to worry about, or should I hold off or rethink my purchase. Thanks!
Yes all of NH is Phase 1 P25. There were a few agencies that had been semi-proprietary Motorola which prevented Kenwood radios (not sure on Icom) from receiving them. But I think those are all gone w/the narrowbanding completion.

I don't recall the specific model, but Icom was one of the four portable makers that were included in the states FireNet grant a few years ago.