NH P-25 phase ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolbass

Premium Subscriber
I presume that currently all NH agencies with P-25 (non-trunked, i.e. SP and individual towns) are phase 1. I will be purchasing an Icom F1821D soon, and am concerned that it will be useless for monitoring these agencies should they switch to phase 2. I read somewhere on RR forums that phase 2 is only to be used with trunked systems. Is this correct and I have nothing to worry about, or should I hold off or rethink my purchase. Thanks!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Phase II only applies to P25 trunking, that is correct. There is no standard for using TDMA with conventional P25 frequencies, not yet at least.

coolbass

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Chauffeur6. That's what I thought - just wanted to make sure. Appreciate your fast response!

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
I presume that currently all NH agencies with P-25 (non-trunked, i.e. SP and individual towns) are phase 1. I will be purchasing an Icom F1821D soon, and am concerned that it will be useless for monitoring these agencies should they switch to phase 2. I read somewhere on RR forums that phase 2 is only to be used with trunked systems. Is this correct and I have nothing to worry about, or should I hold off or rethink my purchase. Thanks!

Yes all of NH is Phase 1 P25. There were a few agencies that had been semi-proprietary Motorola which prevented Kenwood radios (not sure on Icom) from receiving them. But I think those are all gone w/the narrowbanding completion.

I don't recall the specific model, but Icom was one of the four portable makers that were included in the states FireNet grant a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.