Goffstown-Edacs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
ULS Application - Public Safety Pool, Trunked - 0005575834 - GOFFSTOWN, TOWN OF - Transaction Log I heard Goffstown was going to switch from Edacs to conventional. They did, but something made me curious after what I heard. So, I looked it up and found this -ammendment- , does not say ADD or DELETE anywhere important. Are they keeping that system or conventional?

The modification doesn't address changing the system, only the bandwidth (wide to narrow). There may be other administrative changes.

What I have been told is that the trunk system will be discontinued after highway is switched over (last to leave).

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
Unless something has changed, the system was put in place several years ago in hopes the surrounding communities dispatched by Goffstown would join. None did and eventually Goffstown was the only user, with police, fire and DPW. Fire always maintained their 158.880 frequency for interoperability, originally patched to a talkgroup. Fire left the system using only 158.880 and police eventually did as well returning to 155.190. DPW will be last to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.