RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > New Hampshire Radio Discussion Forum

New Hampshire Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of New Hampshire.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 1:13 PM

Default Goffstown-Edacs

ULS Application - Public Safety Pool, Trunked - 0005575834 - GOFFSTOWN, TOWN OF - Transaction Log I heard Goffstown was going to switch from Edacs to conventional. They did, but something made me curious after what I heard. So, I looked it up and found this -ammendment- , does not say ADD or DELETE anywhere important. Are they keeping that system or conventional?
Sponsored links
Old 04-18-2013, 12:40 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

ULS Application - Public Safety Pool, Trunked - 0005575834 - GOFFSTOWN, TOWN OF - Frequency Summary
Old 04-18-2013, 7:33 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainetrunk View Post
ULS Application - Public Safety Pool, Trunked - 0005575834 - GOFFSTOWN, TOWN OF - Transaction Log I heard Goffstown was going to switch from Edacs to conventional. They did, but something made me curious after what I heard. So, I looked it up and found this -ammendment- , does not say ADD or DELETE anywhere important. Are they keeping that system or conventional?
The modification doesn't address changing the system, only the bandwidth (wide to narrow). There may be other administrative changes.

What I have been told is that the trunk system will be discontinued after highway is switched over (last to leave).
Old 04-18-2013, 11:49 AM

ULS Application - Public Safety Pool, Trunked - 0005575834 - GOFFSTOWN, TOWN OF - Frequency Summary Ahh, i was basicly looking here at the number of units there -are-.. Thought the surrounding towns were going to join in. I heard that's the story behind that system was that they were going to partake in that system. So, Goffstown pd and ems are staying 155.190-p25 158.880-136.5 ??
Old 04-18-2013, 2:45 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Unless something has changed, the system was put in place several years ago in hopes the surrounding communities dispatched by Goffstown would join. None did and eventually Goffstown was the only user, with police, fire and DPW. Fire always maintained their 158.880 frequency for interoperability, originally patched to a talkgroup. Fire left the system using only 158.880 and police eventually did as well returning to 155.190. DPW will be last to leave.
Sponsored links