American Ambulance

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainetrunk

I heard there was another Ambulance in Somersworth N.H..American Ambulance. I dont know what call sign they filed under, but the name does not appear in the fcc database. I just heard them while in Dover calling W.D.H, so now I heard them, just gotta find them.Worse comes to worse-I'll run over with my bcd396xt-with the gps and get the coordinates / close call scan..Or can anyone shed some light? Thx

KB1VLA

I have only seen VHF antennas on the vehicles, when they do have an antenna. The supervisor truck I frequently see has no antenna (besides AM/FM radio). I'd bet they were using Nextel, or something similar.

Matt0691

Premium Subscriber
The VHF Antenna may just be for the HEAR Radio so they can give entry notes into the Hospital. American Ambulance is owned by an International conglomerate of ambulance companies. To this date, I do not know them to use radios just the Nextel Radio where you can comunicate on the Nextel open Air (via a cell network) and communicate just like a radio.

chrisjbritt

do not know them to use radios just the Nextel Radio where you can comunicate on the Nextel open Air (via a cell network) and communicate just like a radio.

In my experience, due to a recent ambulance line, they use both technologies. They do however use something similar to Nextel open Air like a radio if they need to phone the hospital directly versus using their UHF/VHF radios. Found it interesting while in the back of the ambulance...

garys

Premium Subscriber
They used to use the Industrial System in Boston, at least for the Boston area units. However, since they were taken over by the new company, I haven't heard a thing on that TG. They might use whatever it is that Sprint replaced Nextel with or something similar.

jbellen

Premium Subscriber
They are on a shared UHF MotoTRBO system for operations and have VHF for hospital communications.

I can inform you as we share 155.29500 with Maine municipalities. Our school transportation coordinator is in charge of the FCC license for running 155.295 103.5 MHz for our schools, school staff, and First Student school buses out of our branch here. It's also shared with Kittery dispatch, on pl 192.6 on the same frequency for Kittery rescue ambulance, and they also tone out American Ambulances on this channel for their run calls thru Kittery, Elliot, Somersworth, Rollinsford etc. I believe they also patch the tone out calls on 155.115 on 192.6 as well for PD to receive the calls also.

One thing that was neat when working for my town's dispatch is that we could get Delta Ambulance service coming up on our Municipality town channel 155.115 on 103.5. It's also shared with Kittery and Elliot PD. We get them loud and clear here.

Status
Not open for further replies.