Milton p25

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainetrunk

While tuning this morning--10 minutwes ago-- I got 151.415, digital. Nac-325.. Liscensed to Milton Fire dept. I thought they were using 154.325,p25.. Anyone know this new freq?

mainetrunk

I would almost bet their p25 transmissions were interfering with their shaed analog channel. 154.325.. Barrington has the dual mode as well, however they are simplex. ( I thought repeater ). So with no repeater technicallities, their simplex radios dont interfere with each other. ( I think ) ..That 154.325 p25 COULD have benn temporary. We'll see

nhfirefighter

151.415 is a repeater frequency, it is most likely a fire ground ops repeater.

I know for a fact their primary repeater is a dual mode repeater, no problem there with regard to running P25 or analog. The only problem is they can't dispatch the call in P25 due to the lack of P25 pagers.

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
Firefighters pager (minitors) can not be activated in P25 mode or receive digital traffic. Those are analog only. As a result, when a call needs to be dispatched, it must be done in analog.

Radio traffic after that can be done in digital or analog, but any of the traffic in digital can't be monitored by the members using those pagers.

mainetrunk

I gotcha, so they are getting ready to pull a DOVER. ( mix mode ). Great. Thats ok, cause now I know how to handle that with a pro 106..

mainetrunk

Come Thursday, they will all be chatting. Snow event. For Now I have
151.415--nac--325--DPW
151.415--NAC--343--FIRE ( LOCAL? )
151.415--NAC--300--PD?
I left 154.325 open on a nac search.. For years I wonderred about their systems, now they come full force into the p25, extra channels for all..

jbellen

Premium Subscriber
It is a new P25 Town Government Shared Repeater. Each agency has it's own "talkgroup" using seperate NAC codes for local, non dispatch or incident related, traffic to keep the dispatch channels as clear as possible. There is also an all call or townwide shared NAC of 350 for inter-department communications and emergency managment/ EOC for large events or incidents. The PD also has encryption capability on their "talkgroup" for incident communications.The agency dispatch centers are soon to be connected to this repeater as a back-up for FD and PD dispatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.