New to NH looking to get a good digital scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been on in a long time. Finally getting back to scanning and I am looking for suggetions for a digital scanner since I have been reading that almost all PD's in NH are digital (including State Police)

I travel from Southern NH to MA everyday for work. Would be good to hear the activities out there. I already have a Pro-97 to listen to MA.

I have been reading about the Pro-106. Any feedback on this unit? Easily programmable? Software needed? Durability?

Thanks

mainetrunk

Yep, in here---http://forums.radioreference.com/new-hampshire-radio-discussion-forum/284949-what-should-i-buy-nh.html The pro 106 is the best for regular NH, I'd use a uniden for Nashua.. If you are anygood at pushing buttons, the pro 106 will become easy to program. I do mine, that way I know what is where.. The pro 106 is way easier to program a search, while the Uniden is a bit longer + it only does NACS or PL'S not both at the same time ( durring a search ).. I just appreciate the 106!! PS I dropped my Uniden once----ONCE!! Cost me $210.00 to replace antenna stub---sma

awattam

Welcome to NH

I don't know if its still there but last weekend there was a Radio Shack PRO-197 digital trunking scanner for sale in Tradeland on Daniel Webster Highway in Nashua for $279. I have a spare programming cable for that scanner that you can have ( I live in Nashua). That scanner which is a base model will handle all of Nashuas systems as well as some of the surrounding towns. Hudson has gone partially encrypted though and no scanner can decode that.

I broke down and bought the BCD436HP. Played with it over the week end.

The digital PD's comm come in really clear. I could hear the NH state police even being in haverhill.

The sentinel software that comes with it makes it really easy to program the banks and add favorites. I just need to get rechargable batteries with it since I'm going to be going through a lot of AA batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.