Navy Yard fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainetrunk

Hey guys, was in Portsmouth a few hours ago, ran my NEW Navy Yard list of freqs to see who is and is not still there. While I was in Eliot heading for Portsmouth, I picked up a repeater transmission on 140.600 dc 032. They said ''all companies are clearing the Miami"", and of course the dispatcher said in return, ''clearing at 8:30''.. I then saw a firefighter who was at the big sub burning a while back, and asked him if he knew about it--nope.. Either a secret, or he did not know. And this guy knows alot..

8Lug

FD far as I know. Heard it on the scanner too, you just must have missed where they said 'This is a drill'

What are you mobile scanning with? Trying to decide if I want to upgrade my dinosaur scanner :)

mainetrunk

I was actually getting out of the truck for a Dr.'s apt when they were clearing.So, they don't use 140.050 anymore? It was heard on a uniden396xt. However, that freq plus a few more were found on the pro 106, over by strawberrybank. It's my bad luck, --everytime-- something VERY interresting comes on, I am driving--in bad traffic. If you know the Fed building area, you know how traffic can be. Especially by Hannaford. Gotta get a co-pilot. Lol. Thx

8Lug

I'll have to look what freq. I have entered in to my scanner. I live about 3 miles from the SY but very rarely hear much on there channel. I'm only scanning about 8 channels on an old Pro 2046 with busted antenna.

I get you on the VERY interested thing but I NEVER want to see another fire aboard a Submarine.

mainetrunk

Roger, roger KB1VLA. FYI, i got that entire list of mine enterred in scanner, marking them as I go. Let you know what/when I got Their plows will be talking soon I'm sure. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.