Dover fire--possible p25

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainetrunk

It was brought to my attention that Dover PD is not using dual mode at the moment. Those that listen, know that out of nowhere, you will hear in analog the dispatcher acknowledging or dispatching fire/rescue. Personally, that is why I don't listen unless I am going there. So, after doing some fcc digging, looks like they are getting ready for something for the fire freq. I also got a digital emissions designator list, and I think they might go p25 for intown, analog for when they travel to assist. As we know, Dover also handles Rollinsford fire. IF Dover fire goes p25--will they take Rollinsford along?
ULS Application - Public Safety Pool, Conventional - 0006566413 - DOVER, CITY OF - Frequency Detail
http://nationalicense.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/NarrowbandWksheet-2012.pdf
We will see,would someone keep an analog scanner on them? AKA-no tone/pl/dcs

mainetrunk

p25 tone

I put the NAC into dover pd to see if they still get the fire/rescue announcements. Today, they have been all p25, and there IS a tone everytime fire/rescue is toned out. I thought you couldn't tone out on p25. I know on the Nashua system, the tone WAS analog. Don't know if it still is. I noticed yesterday on troop A they put out a tone for all SP units to hear. Hmmmm, gotta love mysteries...

KB1VLA

The issue with tones on a P25 system is they won't activate a pager, when Dover pages the fire department, the dispatcher will transmit on both the PD and FD channels to make police officers aware of a fire call. Sometimes, they forget to turn off the multi-select, which is why you will hear them answering police units on the fire channel, or the ambulance on the police channel.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
Curious
What pagers are out there that do p25? I know that most of the minitors if not all of them will only do analog. That is why one of the Department's I was part of and that my sons are still part of here won't go to p25 because they would have to use a separate channel or keep the old channel just for paging. So if there is a p25 pager out there similar to minitors let me know so I can check into it or actually tell them so they could check into it

nhfirefighter

Curious
What pagers are out there that do p25? I know that most of the minitors if not all of them will only do analog. That is why one of the Department's I was part of and that my sons are still part of here won't go to p25 because they would have to use a separate channel or keep the old channel just for paging. So if there is a p25 pager out there similar to minitors let me know so I can check into it or actually tell them so they could check into it

Unication offers one - Unication USA

Status
Not open for further replies.