How to pick up new Hampton Beach Lifeguard

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyH1

I have been trying to program Hampton Beach Lifeguard since the change they made in 2014 with no success.

It was analog and is now digital too.

The "new" frequency is listed here:
Department of Resources and Economic Development Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
159.31500 RM 136.5 PL Ch. 3 Hampton Beach
I'm not even sure that is the new Lifeguard frequency but it's a start.

I have Radio Shack Triple Trucnking Handheld model 20-164

I tried FM as it says, I tried the "CT" with teh 136.5 too.

Any tips on how to pick up the new frequency what am I missing?

I guess I'd love a step by step, or to even find out if my scanner can pick it up, my scanner says it picks up digital, so I assume I can.

Love this site!

TonyH1

The site says "Hampton Beach State Park was converted to MotoTRBO for the 2014 season and are using multiple DMR TDMA channels"

When I look at Wiki, it says there is no way to decode MotoTRBO

So is the problem that my scanner can't pick up their radios any more?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
No scanner can decode TRBO out of the box. You need a modified scanner and software like DSD or DSD Plus to do it

Mike

k1agh

Premium Subscriber
Oh yes Hampton Beach NH. You could put in the local PDs freq and the county freqs because they do transmit on there sometimes. But other then that you need to do what ka3jjz said to do. Also try 151.38500 850 NAC due to the fact that they need to talk to HQ which is not TRBO.

N8IAA

Oh yes Hampton Beach NH. You could put in the local PDs freq and the county freqs because they do transmit on there sometimes. But other then that you need to do what ka3jjz said to do. Also try 151.38500 850 NAC due to the fact that they need to talk to HQ which is not TRBO.

Hard for him to do. He has a Pro-164.
Larry

TonyH1

I'm looking to pick this back up before the summer. Does anyone know of a scanner brand or model that I can purchase that will pick up Hampton Beach new mode which is "MotoTRBO"? Thank you.

k1agh

Premium Subscriber
No scanner does it out of the box. See above were you were told this and how to listen to it with mods.

ecps92

See post #3 from last year when you asked the same question.
The Answer has not changed :roll:

I'm looking to pick this back up before the summer. Does anyone know of a scanner brand or model that I can purchase that will pick up Hampton Beach new mode which is "MotoTRBO"? Thank you.

jmarcel66

Feed Provider

Correct, the new Hampton Beach system is MotoTRBO DMR. Everything at the beach currently runs it, including 151.3850. The rest of the state remains Analog on the various park frequencies.

There is an AOR model that will decode the voice traffic, but it is a mobile/base and very expensive.

geoff5093

You can get a DMR portable for around $100 these days, would those be able to easily listen on those frequencies?

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
You can get a DMR portable for around $100 these days, would those be able to easily listen on those frequencies?

The short answer is no. The DSD system may offer some of the additional information needed to access the system(s). It may also need to have an ID assigned to access the system. But just putting any DMR radio on frequency will not be successful.

AOR makes a "Receiver" for about $1000 that will decode the voice traffic. It does not require the separate computer, discriminator taps and cables like DSD. But it is not a portable unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.