Trouble Monitoring NH State Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3BQX

Premium Subscriber
I've made several trips to see my friends in NH over several years and program my BCD996XT with the Department of Safety database on RadioReference. I have yet to be able to receive NHSP on their P25 frequencies. I am able to pick up Concord PD and Merrimack County now but not Cheshire or Hillsborough Counties. I'm baffled because this is the only programing issue I've had in decades of scanning.

I've tried programing as single frequency P25 truncked system as well as regular P25. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance.

Monty

N3BQX

Premium Subscriber
I programed 154.6650 for Troop C, 156.2100 for Troop D and 154.9350 for Troop B. NAC is 826 for each. I also programed 159.3150 with NAC 293 for Statewide. Even after this programing, my scanner showed "Nothing to Scan."

Monty

N3BQX

Premium Subscriber
I use the GPS settings to lock out and turn on different systems. When I was in Merrimack County, the GPS turned on Concord PD and Merrimack County as programed, but not New Hampshire State Police even though the same GPS coordinates were programed. I suspect, I do not have the correct NHSP frequencies or am not using the proper P25 settings, but I don't know which is the real problem.

Monty

k1agh

Premium Subscriber
Is it possible they are using different frequencies? I have a email out to a cop friend in NH to see if the freqs are correct as listed here and on the other site- scan ne.

Vermonster

The frequencies/NACs you posted are correct, there is some kind of programming issue on your end.

Seconded. You have the correct frequencies and NACs.

If your scanner displays "nothing to scan" the issue is not related to frequency, NAC or P25 decode settings.

159.315 (Car-Car/Aircraft) is often encrypted but the others are in the clear.

I just monitored troops B and D with the freqs/NACs listed yesterday.

Try:
-check that GPS settings are correct, check the GPS is enabled for Group (and site if programmed as single site trunk)
-check range setting for GPS is sufficiently large
-in same system and group as NHSP, program a weather broadcast (162.400 or 162.525 are usually both good in southern NH); you can just lock out once you confirm GPS is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.