SNHU public safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontjoke99

I am trying to listen to SNHU (Southern New Hampshire University) public safety, i pulled the fcc license and got their frequencys but all i hear is what sounds like a trunking control channel. I only hear this noise sometimes, probably only when they are talking or something. Im not sure whats wrong here, maybe encryption? I hope not though, i know the radios they use are Motorola portables, no base stations from what i believe.

ecps92

Without specific Freqs, (also the FCC is down) guessing they are using DMR, probably TRBO, since Plymouth State also uses DMR/TRBO

New Hampshire Colleges And Hospitals Operations - Scan New England Wiki

I am trying to listen to SNHU (Southern New Hampshire University) public safety, i pulled the fcc license and got their frequencys but all i hear is what sounds like a trunking control channel. I only hear this noise sometimes, probably only when they are talking or something. Im not sure whats wrong here, maybe encryption? I hope not though, i know the radios they use are Motorola portables, no base stations from what i believe.

dontjoke99

Did some reading on DMR, can a 396xt have a tap?

Also If i buy a DMR radio could i listen to this system?

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
SNHU is a private University, not associated with the University System of NH (Plymouth State, Keene State, UNH, etc). With that said, I believe they use UHF frequencies (confirmation please?).

The system is likely DMR/MotoTrbo based on popular trends. It could also be NexEdge or P25. But DMR is gaining popularity in NH with private ventures and schools too quickly to keep up.

ecps92

Ahh, No Wonder they have all the $$ to advertise 24/7 down here in Boston :roll:

SNHU is a private University, not associated with the University System of NH (Plymouth State, Keene State, UNH, etc). With that said, I believe they use UHF frequencies (confirmation please?).

The system is likely DMR/MotoTrbo based on popular trends. It could also be NexEdge or P25. But DMR is gaining popularity in NH with private ventures and schools too quickly to keep up.

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
Ahh, No Wonder they have all the $$ to advertise 24/7 down here in Boston :roll:

As the story goes, SNHU was in pretty bad financial shape when they got a new boss that said "On-Line Degrees" was the only way to save the college. Their On-Line program has been so successful, they've been able to expand the brick & mortar school on the back of the on-line program.

Status
Not open for further replies.