Bow Police Dispatch (Weare and Dunbarton PD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Litning

Starting Jan 1 2016, both Dunbarton police and Weare police will switch from Bow Dispatch to Goffstown Dispatch. Unknown at this time if there will be frequency changes.

Litning

the Selectmen in both towns sent a letter to Bow dispatch advising them of the change.

Refer to the selectmen's meeting minutes dated 9-14-2015, page 5.

-Police Dispatch Service. Bow Dispatch 2016 contract is $42,448.83. Goffstown Dispatch 2016 contract is
$30,000, a $12,448.83 savings. Bow Dispatch needs to be notified by Oct. 1 to exercise the option to get out of
the contract and inform Bow that Weare will move to Goffstown Dispatch on Dec. 31, 2015.
VOTE: Selectman Leary made a motion, Selectman Bohl seconded to authorize the chairman to sign the
intent to discontinue the current police dispatch with the Bow Police Department as of 12-31-15. Motion
passed 4-0-1. Chairman Lacasse abstained.

As for Dunbarton, the minutes have not been posted online, but this transpired this past thursday evening.

Litning

From what I just heard it is only Weare moving to goffstown dispatch not dunbarton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sorry but your source was incorrect.

minutes from Dunbarton's Selectmen's meeting http://dunbartonnh.org/images/selectmen-minutes/09-24-15.pdf

Dunbarton Selectmen Meeting dated 9/24/2015 said:
MOTION:
Brian Pike made a motion that the Town of Dunbarton accept the bid of the Town of Goffstown for dispatch services for the Dunbarton Police Department for a three year contract at a low bid of $11,560 for the first year of the contract. Ted Vallieres seconded the motion. The motion passed unanimously.

It was noted that the Town of Bow should be notified by registered or certified mail of the fact that Dunbarton was not renewing the dispatch service contract with the Town of Bow.

cboykonh

Any idea what this might mean for frequency changes? I know Weare is still going to use the same 158.85 frequency from talking to Weare selectmen member.

ecps92

99% of the time when an Agency decides to Relocate from One Regional Dispatch to Another, they don't change Frequencies.

With Todays Technology they just re-adjust the Telco/ROIP Remotes from Location 1 (Old) to Location 2 (New)

Any idea what this might mean for frequency changes? I know Weare is still going to use the same 158.85 frequency from talking to Weare selectmen member.

Litning

odds are Weare PD will continue on their current frequency. Dunbarton (which currently piggybacks on Bow) will change, most likely to Goffstown PD freq. That is just speculation, nothing concrete in that at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.