Help with my Homepatrol 1 scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

wally13

I bought this Homepatrol 1 scanner and wondering how I can program the frequency's for Manchester NH Police?

Thanks
Walter Finnegan

dgregjones

Hi Walter,
I am not too familiar with the Homepatrol. But I believe you can program it with the Sentinel software.
I also live in Epsom and am unable to pick up Manchester PD/FD from the house, even with a Diamond discone antenna on the roof. This is due to the distance and the line of sight hills/mountains in the way. However I can pick them up in the car if I travel to Allenstown, Hooksett, and weakly in Concord. Manchester uses a EDACS 800 MHz trunking system. Let me know how things turn out.
Duke

wally13

Thanks for the reply. It's strange I can pick up the MPD on my cell phone. This Homepatrol 1 is digital and is suppose to pick up all the area. I did have an analog scanner and returned it because it would not pick up MPD.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
It also appears that Manchester PD is a user of a mixed mode analog/Provoice Digital voice system. You should be able to hear them when they use Analog voice but if they switch to Provoice digital then you would need a Uniden BCD436HP/BCD536HP as those are the only 2 commercially available scanners that can monitor Provoice digital voice comms. Since I have never been to New Hampshire I can only go by what the database has listed and I have no idea how often analog is used compared to Provoice digital.

Marshall KE4ZNR

dgregjones

I think I can help you program your HP1 for MPD. Do you have a computer connected to the internet?
Have you used the Sentinel software? We could make a "favorite list" for just Manchester.
I believe Marshall is correct as Manchester will be/or has begun to transition to a P25 digital system similar to what Nashua recently changed over to. All I know is when I am in range my scanner is busy picking up PD, FD and EMS on the EDACS trunked system.
Duke

wally13

Yes I have the internet and downloaded the Sentinel. But when I put the USB onto the scanner it goes to "Homepatrol and stays there for some reason. I even took out the batteries and unplugged the unit for a few minutes but again same thing. I am sure I am doing something wrong but have read the manual and all.

dgregjones

You should have an icon perhaps on your desktop or menu bar called Sentinel, or do a search on your computer to see where the software is installed. From there you can open the national database where all the frequencies and info is stored. Click on USA, New Hampshire, County Systems, Hillsborough County, and Manchester. Make a favorite list, then download the system. Hook up the scanner and click "write" to scanner". It should then be installed on your HP1. I could meet you in person to try to figure this out as I live in Epsom. You can call me at 736-8590. However as I stated earlier that I can not pick them up from my home and I need to be in my mobile.
I believe you are picking MPD up on your cell phone which is connected to the internet by a volunteer provider.
Good luck,
Duke

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Yes I have the internet and downloaded the Sentinel. But when I put the USB onto the scanner it goes to "Homepatrol and stays there for some reason. I even took out the batteries and unplugged the unit for a few minutes but again same thing. I am sure I am doing something wrong but have read the manual and all.

What exactly do you mean by "it goes to Homepatrol"?

Are you sure you have the latest database update?

From the main screen on the Home Patrol, select MENU --> ADVANCED MENU --> scroll down arrow --> VERSION INFORMATION

What does it say there for the date of the database?

NHdave

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply. It's strange I can pick up the MPD on my cell phone. This Homepatrol 1 is digital and is suppose to pick up all the area.

Your cell phone is not "picking up" MPD, you are streaming it over the internet from someone else's scanner, you could listen to that about anywhere in the world as long as you had internet access. A scanner receives actual radio signals and must be withing range of a signal to receive it.

rwier

Hi Wally,

Since it is so easy, I have attached a zipped hpe file of a FL containing the Manchester PD. Unzip the attached file, and get the hpe file into Sentinel. Then you can send it to your scanner. In the radio, make sure Law Talk, Law Dispatch, and Law Tac are turned on.

If this works better than your efforts, don't say thanks. Instead, use Sentinel to make an exact duplicate FL (except FL name) as a learning process. If it works equal or worse, just ignore my babbling, lol.

Attachments

• Manchester PD.zip
    901 bytes · Views: 28

wally13

Thank you for the attachment but for some reason I cant download the zip to my computer. saying if may not be coded right.

Sinister

Premium Subscriber
Hi wally13,
Not too familiar with your Homepatrol 1 scanner from Uniden or the Sentinel software. If you have the latest firmware update you should be able to download to your scanner from the Radio Reference data base. You may wish to ask some questions regards to downloading in the Uniden forum. Also there is a lot of info on your scanner here WebHome < HomePatrol < TWiki
along with what firmware updates are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.