Ocean County - Working Structure @ Sawmill Cafe on the Boardwalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of 1500, 3 alarms. Exposure problems on the north side. Operations on trunked system Fire Zone 3.
@ 1507: Hot embers has now lit another building on fire. Fire reported on the roof and eaves.
@ 1509: Multiple Explosions reported inside building. 4 more companies requested.
@ 1515: Partial structure collapse, south side of the building.
@ 1522: Trench cut being put in the boardwalk. Another 4 EMS units requested.
@ 1526: Task Force requested from Jackson: 3 Engines and a Ladder
@ 1548: Per 4500, Funtown Pier is being evacuated, fire is under the pier. Water is running low, and drafting may be needed
@ 1555: Per car 11, evacuate the pier. Evac tones sent
@ 1575: Everything lost East of the Sawmill

Last edited:

DJ88

I've been monitoring also. Apparatus there from just about every department in Ocean County. Strike Force from Monmouth County for coverage.
Fire jumped The Boulevard....roof fire at the Royal Sands Condos on The Sumner Ave. and fire at a house on Sumner Ave.
Evacuation tones were sounded for all firefighters on the boardwalk to evacuate.
Seaside Heights Fire Chief (4400) just said it looks like they've stopped the fire from spreading any further north.
I'm watching on Channel 5 News at 5, and from their chopper overhead, still very heavy fire conditions in mulltiple structures.

PM08203

Premium Subscriber
Have not getting every transmission (my scanner is on overload) but partial:
Atl Co: Longport, Somers Point, Galloway, Egg Harbor Twp
CM Co: Marmora

Firefighters are told to prepare for 24 hours, bring change of cloths, etc.

kub

From I know I know from cmc rio grande, town bank, wildwood crest and a few more I think

chrisbatt

Union county is mobilizing their UASI Neptune System for response to Seaside. Staging area is in Kenilworth.

misterrick

Seaside Park PD/FD Audio

Can someone please post the mp3s of the initial radio alarm for the fire on the Seaside Park boardwalk. News reports say the fire started at around 14:15 hours local (2:30pm). Unfortunately I've been out all day and didn't have access to the Internet or the live streams. Thanks.

misterrick

I would actually prefer it to be in the mp3 or wav format. The reason being if you download it from YouTube your getting a video format such as .FLV or .MP4 (Depending on the quality of the video you have set) and then have to convert it to mp3 or wav you end up losing from quality of the audio during the conversion and re-encoding process. I'd like to have an unfettered and unadulterated copies. TYIA.

Salvation

Cape May Co on the move. The GSP rest stop in Absecon will the staging area for Atl & CM units.

There were 9 fire companies from Cape May standing by at West Tuckerton Fire Dept in Little Egg Harbor. When I drove by their station I saw a few that said Wildwood but it was dark so couldnt see what else. 2 or 3 Aerials and many pumpers.

crazyboy

I would actually prefer it to be in the mp3 or wav format. The reason being if you download it from YouTube your getting a video format such as .FLV or .MP4 (Depending on the quality of the video you have set) and then have to convert it to mp3 or wav you end up losing from quality of the audio during the conversion and re-encoding process. I'd like to have an unfettered and unadulterated copies. TYIA.

Its in the archives of the live audio section here.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

Status
Not open for further replies.