old bridge big brush fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannersnstuff

old bridge brush fire. rt 9 and rt 34 at the outback steakhouse. mutual aid from:
matawan <29>.
atlantic highlands <75>. mass casualty bus.
howell <19-2> tanker.
marlboro <28> tanker.
colts neck <84> 2 tankers.
nws earle <94> tanker.
sayreville.
highland park.
manalapan <26-2> tanker.
monmouth co. fire marsh. <93>.

several towns chasing smoke conditions from the brush fire.

Last edited by a moderator:

CM1

Premium Subscriber
Sounds pretty intense, got South River, Milltown and Middlesex County OEM just dispatched to the staging area (at the Outback/along 9)

scannersnstuff

thank you. 16-1 - freehold twp. independent - tanker for cover. mon.co. fieldcom to scene. monmouth county fire strike force 16 just activated. 2 co's from union beach <65> requested.

hazlet <39-2>.
keyport <22>. both responding.

command reports fire out of control, and moving south.

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptDan

I just heard a brush truck from Hopewell Township, Mercer County, dispatched to the fire. Although the dispatcher here said Woodbridge I am thinking it's the same fire.

scannersnstuff

they are lucky as to where they are located. so many surrounding counties to draw mutual aid from. i did hear monmouth county tell units operating there to move communications to monmouth fire 4 - 154.205 pl 151.4. i fell asleep, so i don't know how active the fire is.

CaptDan

a 1500 hrs or 3 PM update on the fire on NJ.com news feed

".....Lt. Joseph Napoli said the fire, which was first reported earlier this morning, started spreading toward Central Park developments in town along Washington Avenue, which abuts the Cheesequake State Park.

As of 3 p.m., the fire was still raging, but Napoli said that all residents who had been forced from their homes are now back as the fire spread to a more rural area. The state park is still closed, Napoli said. ...."

so apparently they still have a working fire on their hands

GM

Premium Subscriber
Cheesequake State Park is still closed, and so far, it was reported that 240 acres burned. Fire is contained as of 16:00 hours, and fire crews will be on hand throughout the night monitoring. (And I got to be inside the Command Post since I work there...) ;)

Tech792

As of tonight.....90% contained at 230 acres. B10 crews were still pumping on hot spots....even during the drizzle this afternoon. Full control and containment expected 11/27/13.

Status
Not open for further replies.