Barnegat Light Freq's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nydxa

I'll be spending a few days down on LBI and I'm wondering what frequencies might be in use in and around the Barnegat Light Recreation Area? I'm also wonderif any municipality on LBI is running digital?

Thanks

Devilz311

Have you checked out the Ocean County page in the database?

There's nothing digital on the island yet.

nydxa

Great guide..
I've got the normal FD / PD channels, just wondered if there was anything interesting outside the normal public service frequencies. This might also be a good opportuinty to monitor the Ocean County system which is generally not heard here in NNJ.

DJ88

You could also monitor the marine/Coast Guard frequencies. There's a Coast Guard Station in Barnegat Light. If you need them go here:
MarineWaypoints.com - Marine VHF Frequencies
Monitor the following channels:
9, 13, 16, 17, 21A, 22A, 23A, 81A, 82A, 83A
Also the following AM Coast Guard frequencies:
345.000 - Primary Air
237.900 - Secondary Air
383.900 - Air
282.000 - Air
326.150 - Primary Ground
379.050 - Secondary Ground
You can slso monitor the "Non Commercial" channels and listen to the recreational boaters, but those channels are really active on the weekends and can tie up the scanner, not to mention you'll hear some some foul language.

EDIT: I didn't realize until I just checked that John included this information in his Long Beach Island PDF file. I should have checked first before posting. Anyway, you have it all there, except for the "Non Commercial" channels.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.