TG 4001 Active Sanitation or DPW

Tg 3001 Active Unknow

also

Tg 1039 Active Detectives (Coded)
Tg 1041 Unknow

Last edited:

W2SJW

Database Admin
Good catch! I assume you mean the detectives talkgroup is encrypted, right?

K9one

Jersey City Trunk

TG 4001 is confirmed as Jersey City Incinerator Authority dispatch office this will probably become very active during snow storm because they do all the snow plowing for city.

I have not heard TG3001 yet but they were installing radio at DPW complex office last week it may belong to them. I will listen on Monday.

The talkgroups in the 1000's are police and yes some will be encrypted.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I was in Edison last week and in my hotel room I could hear JCPD on the UHF conventional system. I couldn't hear the UHF trunk at all, so I don't know if they are simulcasting during the change over or if the PD is still on the old system. Does anyone know what's going on with that?

Tac-1

TRS has much lower power then the conventional they have about 4 sites around the city so they dont need a lot of power i think the sites are about 30 watts each

ansky

I was in Edison last week and in my hotel room I could hear JCPD on the UHF conventional system. I couldn't hear the UHF trunk at all, so I don't know if they are simulcasting during the change over or if the PD is still on the old system. Does anyone know what's going on with that?

They are definitely still using the old system. I heard them earlier this week.

K9one

Update

As of right now the PD dispatchers and FD dispatchers have NOT moved into the new combined dispatch center. Building still being worked on, but some of the command staff are in the building.

All PD and FD vehicles have new radios installed but are being used on old conventional system right now. PD special units have had their new radios issued to them but the uniform patrol units have NOT been issued new portables yet. Some of the PD special units are reporting that they can use the system outside the city a lot better then old system.

It appears from monitoring the system (pro96com) that radios that ID with 100000 number belong to PD, 200000 belong to FD, 300000 belong to possibly DPW, and 400000 belong to Jersey City Incinerator Authority.

Some of the new unconfirmed talkgroups are 3001, 3004, 3008, 3009, 4003

From hear only a couple of transmissions of the 3001 talkgroup I would say that it probably going to be one of the DPW talkgroups.

When I know more I will update.

garys

Premium Subscriber
They are definitely still using the old system. I heard them earlier this week.

Thanks to you and K9One for the information. It looks like I'll be heading down there within a week or so and I'll listen as I pass through that area.

K9one

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.148 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Just confirmed
3001 Dept of Public works main dispatch

3003 DPW Automotive repair shop

ansky

TRS has much lower power then the conventional they have about 4 sites around the city so they dont need a lot of power i think the sites are about 30 watts each

I can pick up the TRS control channel loud and clear from West Orange. I'm on a hilltop facing east.

JCC419

Will this system be strong enough to be heard outside of Jersey City area ?.. I'm in essex county
near Verona.

ansky

Will this system be strong enough to be heard outside of Jersey City area ?.. I'm in essex county
near Verona.

Well like I said in the post right before yours, I'm in West Orange, right near Verona, and I can hear the control channel for JC TRS loud and clear. I don't have a digital scanner so I can't actually listen, but I know the signal is definitely making it out pretty far.

K9one

JC Trunk System Update

Well radios have been passed out to officers yesterday. Officers are now being told to have their new radio (xts1500 and xts2500) with them as they will be dispatching from the new dispatch center on the day tour Thursday, Dec. 10, 2009.
They will be switching of to the trunk system during the day tour. Unknown if this is just a test run as I have been told the system will go live full time on the Dec. 15, 2009 which is next Tuesday.

More to follow when exact date is known.

Tac-1

JCPD switching over 7:30 am units doing checks with dispactch they are switching 1 district at a time
all districks should be on TRS by 8:30am Dec10

Tg1001 South
Tg1002 West

Looks like Database channel order is correct

Last edited:

K9one

Update

As of 0900 hrs 12-10-09 it appears that all the conventional channels have switched over to the trunk system. It is still not known if this is a test or if it is final. It took a little while to get everybody on bank A of the radios.

Tac-1

12pm it looks like they be using the TRS from now on
All Dispatch bases r up other base radios to come online soon

FDNY216

Was JETBLUE1424
Jcpd trs

Can someone give me the freq list for the new trs i see that some of the old 460 freq are list just needs the freq that work thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.