RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > New Jersey Radio Discussion Forum

New Jersey Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of New Jersey.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2010, 6:48 AM
Signal-Zero's Avatar
NY / NJ Moderator
   
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY / NJ
Posts: 1,232
Default Morris County CAD...

Anyone know what the County Comm Center uses for their CAD/RMS? I hear references to Infocop for laptops, but nothing as far as the CAD goes.

Also, does anyone know how the different departments/agencies are layed out in the CAD? In other words, are they identified by numeric like 39 for Wharton or alphabetic like WH for Wharton for example?
__________________
Forum Rules and Guidelines
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2010, 12:23 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Morris County, NJ
Posts: 340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by e911god View Post
Anyone know what the County Comm Center uses for their CAD/RMS? I hear references to Infocop for laptops, but nothing as far as the CAD goes.

Also, does anyone know how the different departments/agencies are layed out in the CAD? In other words, are they identified by numeric like 39 for Wharton or alphabetic like WH for Wharton for example?
Hey there,

I am not exactly sure about this but last time I heard it shows the numerics (i.e. 13-XX, 18-XX, 19-XX, etc.) They may have updated their software though. I will try to get some more info from one of the dispatchers up there. Infocop is their "instant messaging" and plate look-up all-in-one I think. Just their computer system I guess.
__________________
"ScannerSky"
EMT-B
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2010, 1:36 PM
Signal-Zero's Avatar
NY / NJ Moderator
   
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY / NJ
Posts: 1,232
Default

Thanks scannersky. I'm trying to set up my Radio ID's similar to how they have their CAD set up. I've been using numerics for the PD but I'm running out of alphamunics for Fire and EMS, that's why I wanted to see how the County has it set up.

In other words, in Morris Plains for example, I use:
23 for Morris Plains Police
MP for Morris Plains Fire, and
MM for Minutemen FAS.

Boonton Township
42 fo Police
BT for Fire
BK for Boonton-Kiwanis FAS

Mostly so it mirrors what they ID with on the Radio, etc.
__________________
Forum Rules and Guidelines
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2010, 2:51 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Morris County, NJ
Posts: 340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by e911god View Post
Thanks scannersky. I'm trying to set up my Radio ID's similar to how they have their CAD set up. I've been using numerics for the PD but I'm running out of alphamunics for Fire and EMS, that's why I wanted to see how the County has it set up.

In other words, in Morris Plains for example, I use:
23 for Morris Plains Police
MP for Morris Plains Fire, and
MM for Minutemen FAS.

Boonton Township
42 fo Police
BT for Fire
BK for Boonton-Kiwanis FAS

Mostly so it mirrors what they ID with on the Radio, etc.
I gotcha - wish i was able to add alpha numerics to the radio id list - I would just see numerics on my Pro-106 so I don't really bother with that lol...good luck!
__________________
"ScannerSky"
EMT-B
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2010, 4:52 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 856
Default

why not just use 42 Engine 1 or 42 Chief 2?

This way you keep the towns all the same starting with twon number.

For Boonton-Kiwanis EMS I guess you would use 41 EMS 1, etc.
For Minute Men you can stay with MM EMS1
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
        
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 02-07-2010, 6:46 PM
Signal-Zero's Avatar
NY / NJ Moderator
   
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY / NJ
Posts: 1,232
Default

That's how I originally had it set up. But only the PD's identify with the numeric agency ID...all the others are plain english, hence the two character alpha-numerics that I'm trying to associate each agency/town with Here is what I have so far. But it starts getting difficult around the M's...like Morris Twp and Morristown..I have MT as Mendham Twp, can't use it for Morris Twp, so looking for other ideas. I was thinking maybe MO for Morristown....as previously mentioned, this is for Fire and EMS only since PD uses two digit identifier on the MIRS system for the most part.

BK - Boonton-Kiwanis
BT - Boonton Township
ML - Mountain Lake
MT - Mendham Township
MB - Mendham Boro
WH - Wharton
MH - Mine Hill
MA - Mount Arlington
VG - Victory Gardens
CH - Chester
NV - New Vernon
NC - Netcong
RB - Rockaway Boro
MM - Minurteman
MP - Morris Plains
__________________
Forum Rules and Guidelines
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2010, 4:27 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 1435
Posts: 21
Default

In general the CAD units are basically designated by their type (Sheriffs, Police, Fire, EMS etc)

Examples...

Sheriffs officer #562 - S562

Prosecutors detective 307 - P307

Park Police officer 91-74 - C9174

Mt. Arlington police officer 26-12 - P2612

Rockaway Boro Engine 1 - F34E1

Mendham Twp EMS-4 - E1904

Hazmat EC2 - LPSEC2 (LPS designating Law & Public Saftey)

Medic 52 - E8052 (Don't ask where the 80 came from, I have no idea)


Hope that answers some of your questions.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2010, 4:52 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Morris County, NJ
Posts: 340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHS4180 View Post
In general the CAD units are basically designated by their type (Sheriffs, Police, Fire, EMS etc)

Mendham Twp EMS-4 - E1904


Just a quick correction - Mendham Township doesn't have a rig called called EMS 4 - they have EMS 1 and 2, Mendham Borough has 3 and 4
__________________
"ScannerSky"
EMT-B
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2010, 5:41 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Flanders NJ ( Morris County)
Posts: 332
Default Ems 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by scannersky View Post
Just a quick correction - Mendham Township doesn't have a rig called called EMS 4 - they have EMS 1 and 2, Mendham Borough has 3 and 4
MT OLIVE Has a EMS 4 (and 5) also.. For paid daytime EMS calls
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2010, 10:00 PM
Signal-Zero's Avatar
NY / NJ Moderator
   
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY / NJ
Posts: 1,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHS4180 View Post
In general the CAD units are basically designated by their type (Sheriffs, Police, Fire, EMS etc)

Examples...

Sheriffs officer #562 - S562
Prosecutors detective 307 - P307
Park Police officer 91-74 - C9174
Mt. Arlington police officer 26-12 - P2612
Rockaway Boro Engine 1 - F34E1
Mendham Twp EMS-4 - E1904
Hazmat EC2 - LPSEC2 (LPS designating Law & Public Saftey)
Medic 52 - E8052 (Don't ask where the 80 came from, I have no idea)

Hope that answers some of your questions.
That was exactly what I was looking for. Why the C for Park Police? I also heard a 100 unit on Comm2...is that the Prosecutor's Office as well?

One last question...does each agency get a run/call for service/incident number in the CAD, or is it separated by town? In other words, lets say there is an motor vehicle crash (MVC) in Mendham Township at 123 Main Street requiring Police, Fire and EMS. The calltaker puts the call into the CAD and assoicates all. Does it go into the pending queue as one call and the dispatcher then sends P1917, E1902 and F19E1....

19 MVC 123 Main Street Mendham Township 13:35 001435

or does it go in as three calls, each with their own run number,,,,

P19 MVC etc...etc 001435
E19 " " " 000322
F19 " ": : 000105

and all three disaptchers simultaneous dispatch the call? I'm also guessing the unit alias is 6 characters on the console.
__________________
Forum Rules and Guidelines
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 02-15-2010, 8:34 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 1435
Posts: 21
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by e911god View Post
That was exactly what I was looking for. Why the C for Park Police? I also heard a 100 unit on Comm2...is that the Prosecutor's Office as well?

One last question...does each agency get a run/call for service/incident number in the CAD, or is it separated by town? In other words, lets say there is an motor vehicle crash (MVC) in Mendham Township at 123 Main Street requiring Police, Fire and EMS. The calltaker puts the call into the CAD and assoicates all. Does it go into the pending queue as one call and the dispatcher then sends P1917, E1902 and F19E1....

19 MVC 123 Main Street Mendham Township 13:35 001435

or does it go in as three calls, each with their own run number,,,,

P19 MVC etc...etc 001435
E19 " " " 000322
F19 " ": : 000105

and all three disaptchers simultaneous dispatch the call? I'm also guessing the unit alias is 6 characters on the console.

Yes, 100-200-300 are all Prosecutors units.

Each event gets it own card in the CAD. The entire comm center generates numbers off one list starting at 00:00 everyday. They are separated in the same respects as the CAD designations, example: P for police, E for EMS, F for fire. They are not broken up by town, it's simply an event based on the call type.

When a 911 call is received for the aforementioned incident, the 911 operator generates a "P" event for the MVC.

P166 MVC 123 Main Street P1922 E 13:35 1900

If needed, the 911 operator would initially, or the P-1 operator can generate a "E" or "F" incident based on the "P" incident.

E011 MVC 123 Main Street E1901 13:35 1900

Each event pops up on the respective dispatchers screen around the room.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 02-18-2010, 10:48 PM
Signal-Zero's Avatar
NY / NJ Moderator
   
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY / NJ
Posts: 1,232
Default

Thanks for the information/breakdown. The County I worked for years ago had a similar set-up. They used Printrak CAD (which I think was bought out by Motorola since) and use IMPACT as the countywide RMS. Glad to see Morris County is really coming along and I like how more and more agencies are coming on board towards a true countywide system. I remember the days of low-band (which is still alive and well) for the PD's.

I've read some articles that ALL agencies in the county will eventually be dispatched out of one central location. Any truth to that?
__________________
Forum Rules and Guidelines
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2010, 5:26 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 856
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by e911god View Post

I've read some articles that ALL agencies in the county will eventually be dispatched out of one central location. Any truth to that?
That is the goal but realistically I do not see every town joining in.

It is hard for the Kings to let go of the Kingdoms.
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2010, 10:44 AM
kenisned's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketNJ View Post
That is the goal but realistically I do not see every town joining in.

It is hard for the Kings to let go of the Kingdoms.
This thread has made for some interesting reading. It is great to see how the county is operating and how you all are programming these things into your scanners.


Just a bit off topic, I apologize ahead of time..

I can say that I don't think that some really have any motivation to join the county.

Take Mt Olive for instance. They have a strong VHF system that covers the majority of the township on a portable radio.

A good portion of their mutual aid are not on MIRS. This really presents a challenge for a large enough incident.

It would be great if the counties would collaborate on some interoper not just within the county. However, there are kingdoms at all levels, after all.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 02-19-2010, 10:10 PM
Signal-Zero's Avatar
NY / NJ Moderator
   
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY / NJ
Posts: 1,232
Default

Oh, I agree 100% about little kingdoms. Take Bergen County for example. They are in the process of building a UHF P25 trunked system for countywide coverage. But, so far I've only heard the county agencies (BCPD, BCSO, Prosecutor, OEM, etc.) are going to use the system. Their multiple UHF channels that are currently in use have coverage all over the place. So, invest millions so you can be trunked? C'mon....It has go as far as agencies not saying "let's see how it works and maybe we'll come over" but instead saying "we will NOT and that's a big NOT be joining the system."

As far as Morris County goes, I think agencies like Hanover, Morris Twp, Florham Park, Madison, the Chathams, Parsippany, etc. will keep their dispatch in-house. The Towns (Dover/Morristown) as well. I think you will see places like Washington Township (which almost went over with Chester), Roxbury, maybe Mt. Olive make the switch sooner.

Also, I have a HUGE radio ID file for those of you with the PSR-500/600 or the 396/996XT scanners that support it. If you are interested, PM me. Of course, you will have to use my alias alpha tagging that we've been discussing

Anyone have a breakdown of Post assigments the SO and PP call out on BTW ? I'm assuming they have post for every county facility...Library, Jail, Headquarters, etc.
__________________
Forum Rules and Guidelines

Last edited by e911god; 02-19-2010 at 10:13 PM..
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 02-20-2010, 9:10 AM
kenisned's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by e911god View Post
As far as Morris County goes, I think agencies like Hanover, Morris Twp, Florham Park, Madison, the Chathams, Parsippany, etc. will keep their dispatch in-house. The Towns (Dover/Morristown) as well. I think you will see places like Washington Township (which almost went over with Chester), Roxbury, maybe Mt. Olive make the switch sooner.
Why don't you think those towns around Morristown wouldn't switch over? They seem ideal for it and almost always respond together to the larger incidents (airport call outs,etc).

I think that just about all fire and EMS could be county dispatched, the concern is just the border towns and mutual aid, but there are ways to skin that cat.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 6:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2011 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions