Gsp 800 frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

2WAYMAN

I know this information was discussed about a year ago right after rebanding but since that time I lost the notes I had made regarding same.
Does anyone remember which of the four frequencies listed below are for the Northern half of the Parkway and which two are for the Southern half . Thanks in advance.
NJTA/ GSP 4 COMM OPS: 858.0375 MHz 857.0875 MHz
NJTA/GSP MAINTENANCE: 858.0875 MHz 857.0375 MHz

Highpockets

I know this information was discussed about a year ago right after rebanding but since that time I lost the notes I had made regarding same.
Does anyone remember which of the four frequencies listed below are for the Northern half of the Parkway and which two are for the Southern half . Thanks in advance.
NJTA/ GSP 4 COMM OPS: 858.0375 MHz 857.0875 MHz
NJTA/GSP MAINTENANCE: 858.0875 MHz 857.0375 MHz

If these are Operations and Maintenance for GSP, they now use a trunked system, it's a LTR Pasport system, and no scanner can receive it. I don't think they use those anymore.

2WAYMAN

GSP 800 MHz FREQUENCIES

8-26-10 1233 hours edt
Thanks for the reply Highpockets. However, your info is not quite 100% correct. When the rebanding was done, the former 4 channels on the GSP were rebanded to the 4 I have listed and they happen to be in the conventional bank of the 800 trunked radios in all GSP troop cars. True, the TP authority installed an LTR passport system put in by Pinnacle but it is of the same poor quality as the one at the Meadowlands. (Ask anyone who works there). Some members here have already "reverse engineered" the passport system and seem to be monitoring it ( see prior posts referencing same).
If anyone out there still has prior posts and knows which two are designated for the Northern half of the Parkway and which two are for the Southern half, please reply. I had this all written down at the time and unfortunately cannot locate my notes. I checked the numerous FCC licenses for the tp/GSP but it seems all the tower locations are licensed for all 4!
Thanks in advance and 73's.

Highpockets

8-26-10 1233 hours edt
Thanks for the reply Highpockets. However, your info is not quite 100% correct. When the rebanding was done, the former 4 channels on the GSP were rebanded to the 4 I have listed and they happen to be in the conventional bank of the 800 trunked radios in all GSP troop cars. True, the TP authority installed an LTR passport system put in by Pinnacle but it is of the same poor quality as the one at the Meadowlands. (Ask anyone who works there). Some members here have already "reverse engineered" the passport system and seem to be monitoring it ( see prior posts referencing same).
If anyone out there still has prior posts and knows which two are designated for the Northern half of the Parkway and which two are for the Southern half, please reply. I had this all written down at the time and unfortunately cannot locate my notes. I checked the numerous FCC licenses for the tp/GSP but it seems all the tower locations are licensed for all 4!
Thanks in advance and 73's.

The way it used to be was that there wasn't 2 for the north and 2 for the south, depending where you were on the GSP the 2 used up north were also used down south, they alternated by area or what they call districts.

2WAYMAN

GSP 800 MHz FREQUENCIES

8-26-10 1415 hours edt
Hi and thanks again Highpockets. Checked that link and they are listed as OPS 1 OPS 2, AND MAINT 1 MAINT 2.. I'll have to reach out for John Burricelli perhaps he knows which are North and which are South!
73's

Highpockets

8-26-10 1415 hours edt
Hi and thanks again Highpockets. Checked that link and they are listed as OPS 1 OPS 2, AND MAINT 1 MAINT 2.. I'll have to reach out for John Burricelli perhaps he knows which are North and which are South!
73's

That's why I said I wasn't sure if they are correct, John has them listed different, I knew them by heart once, but, it's been a while. Like I also said, they are not North and South, they go by what area of the GSP you are on.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
This is all I have (From my pdf). If memory serves me correctly, the repeaters alternated as you traveled down the Parkway.

858.0375 813.0375 Garden State Parkway 4-Comm Ops 151.4
857.0875 812.0875 Garden State Parkway 4-Comm Ops 151.4
858.0875 813.0875 Garden State Parkway Maintenance 151.4
857.0375 812.0375 Garden State Parkway Maintenance 151.4

2WAYMAN

8-26-10 2121 hours edt
Thanks Steve and John. I think you are right since I remember the GSP high band system used to work that way, roughly in thirds. If you were in Bloomfield's area, it was the North repeater, when you got to about the Holmdel area, you went to the central channel and finally below about Toms River, you went back to ch 1 again for the southern part.
I'll have to experiment the next time I'm riding out on the pw .
Enjoy the nice weather and 73's

GM

Premium Subscriber
GSP 800 MHz Conv. Freq's

I know this may be a moot point, but I found some of my old notes during a clean-up of my office, and I came across this: (and after looking up the info on the FCC site, I think we have a winner)

GSP Maint. 1 857.0875 151.4
GSP Maint. 2 858.0375 151.4
GSP 4 Comm Ops 1 858.0875 151.4
GSP 4 Comm Ops 2 857.0375 151.4

This would make sense, since the repeaters for Ch. 1 would be at Bloomfield, Toms River, and Upper Twp.; And for Ch. 2, locations include Holmdel and Bass River. Most of the inputs for the maint. channels are located at the various maint. yards along the road, so I think we can finally put this one to rest. :)

I haven't heard much of anything on them in the past few years, but always good to have programmed in a spare bank, in the event of complete radio failure and disaster...

Highpockets

I know this may be a moot point, but I found some of my old notes during a clean-up of my office, and I came across this: (and after looking up the info on the FCC site, I think we have a winner)

GSP Maint. 1 857.0875 151.4
GSP Maint. 2 858.0375 151.4
GSP 4 Comm Ops 1 858.0875 151.4
GSP 4 Comm Ops 2 857.0375 151.4

This would make sense, since the repeaters for Ch. 1 would be at Bloomfield, Toms River, and Upper Twp.; And for Ch. 2, locations include Holmdel and Bass River. Most of the inputs for the maint. channels are located at the various maint. yards along the road, so I think we can finally put this one to rest. :)

I haven't heard much of anything on them in the past few years, but always good to have programmed in a spare bank, in the event of complete radio failure and disaster...

Turnpike and GSP went to a LTR Passport system, and I haven't heard anything on them in months.

Status
Not open for further replies.