south plainfield police

Status
Not open for further replies.

notpolcorrect

hi i am new here, been listening to south plainfield police on a hand held scanner for a few years now, did they change from frequency 453.325 to something else? all i get on that channel lately is the ambulance arriving at hospitals now. please let me know if you know anything, thanks
notpolcorrect

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Yes. South Plainfield has been on the Middlesex County Talk-Group operating under a EDACS Provoice Digital system voice. Just that alone cannot be heard by any scanner unless you use a Digital Speech Decoder. On top of that South Plainfield, along with other neighboring towns such as Dunellen, Piscataway and Edison have all fully encrypted police radio transmissions. So yeah, bottom line is that you will never be able to hear them again.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Is the South Plainfield Police Department still on the Middlesex County Talk-Group? Also, if so are they still digital ProVoice and running full-time encryption? Can someone confirm this??

GM

Premium Subscriber
Yes, South Plainfield Police are still using the County EDACS TRS in ProVoice mode, utilizing encryption full time on all four talkgroups assigned to them. They do have access to various mutual aid talkgroups on the TRS, which are ProVoice digital and analog (operated in the clear). I understand that they will be using EDACS ProVoice for some time, since it's not clear if Middlesex County will be switching to a P25 trunk or OpenSky trunk type system as of now.

Analogrules

Notpolcorrect, I believe you can still monitor their FD and EMS on an analog scanner. Also, their High School Security. At least it's still something to listen to. I don't see a good future for these scanner companies unless they figure out a way to create a pro-voice and encrypted decoding scanner. Uniden's newest scanner costs over $500, and it is still useless in several places. What's the point in spending all that money?

lep

Notpolcorrect, .... At least it's still something to listen to. I don't see a good future for these scanner companies unless they figure out a way to create a pro-voice and encrypted decoding scanner. Uniden's newest scanner costs over $500, and it is still useless in several places. What's the point in spending all that money?

Since there is a Federal law against an "encrypted decoding scanner" that's not going to happen. I have the newest Uniden scanner (it was Less than $500 BTW) and while it may be useless in New Jersey , it works quite well where I live. Scanners are of course, designed and made for a national market.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Yes having a consumer market scanner that decodes encryption ( which seems impossible since you cannot enter a encryption key code in). Now having a scanner that can decode EDACS Provoice is a good idea. They do have a digital speech decoder which some say it works ( I haven't tried it) but yeah.... With the EDACS system starting to phase out and be phased out by 2017 its doubtful any company would even try to press for a EDACS Provoice scanner.

I have not heard the Fire department on their talkgroup channel. They are still being dispatched and their opps are through their FM channel. EMS on the talkgroup is just simulcasted from their FM analog frequency.

I have never heard anything from the " townwide" talkgroup. Doubtful the borough even ever uses that frequency. Same goes for the emergency management frequency.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Have been hearing a fair share of chatter from time to time on The SP OEM talkgroup. Was wondering if the PD shares this with the Office of Emergency management. Sounded to me too like police activity and dispatch being talked over this particular talkgroup if anyone can confirm that would be great?

CM1

Premium Subscriber
So are you saying you know for sure it's So. Plainfield PD?
If so what TG? and what system (the 800 or the 700) ?

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
100% sure it's south Plainfield cause of the street addresses they said they were on and the situations and buildings they were responding too. Was on 800 MHz edacs.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Borough-Wide talkgroup gets a lot of action and talk. So does SP OEM which isn't Always OEM. I have heard dispatch calls through it.

W2SJW

Database Admin
There is no reason to bring up a thread that's almost a year and half old over info that is of no viable use to the general scanning public.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.