Atlantic Air Medivac.. 2 ships ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Im hearing dispatches for Atlantic "AIR 1" and Atlantic "AIR 2" I take it they have two choppers now? Does anyone know where # "2" in based? # 1 is still Based in Netcong on love lane . I hear them fly over my apt often.. Anyone hear this new ship#2 also?(i think its new)

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info..

This is old news, Air One is still in Netcong and the new chopper Air Two is based in Millvile, NJ. Air Two is operating on 463.175 (med 8) and NSJP trunked system SouthSTAR tg
There is more infromation in this thread...
http://forums.radioreference.com/ne...devac-helicopters-south-jersey-hospitals.html

Thanks for the update, with all the listning I do, I have never heard them refer to the #2 ship, up to the past week or so... Thanks DAN

asnhnetwork

i am hearing Atlantic Air 3 advising Remsc they are @ Morristown for fuel? Do we have a new Medevac or is this just a back-up ship for AA 1 & 2???

mondaro

Feed Provider
Air 3 is the new a new Medevac helicopter that Atlantic Health has I think it is either based in Vernon Twp, Sussex County or Greenwood Lake Airport. Welcome Air 3.

jtruland

N2BTZ
Premium Subscriber
Atlantic Air 3 is second Atlantic Health ship that's operating 11a - 11p. It's housed at Netcong and operating out of Vernon during its shift.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
So...wait. Then which Atlantic chopper got sold to Monoc during the Cencom contract sales last month? Cause Monoc bought one of them...

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
This morning I heard Atlantic Air 3 call into REMCS and landed at Greenwood Lake Airport. Now just a minute ago I heard Hackensack 1 land there.

luc1med

Atlantic Air 3 is based at Mountain Creek South parking lot in Vernon Township(Sussex County). They have a trailer, an old suburban, and use both the Creek EMS Building and their mobile trailer next to Air 3 (which used to be the backup ship they stored at Morristown Airport) They bngan ops yesterday officially 11p-11a.
Hackensack 1 is the new project based at Greenwood Lake Airport in West Milford (Passaic County)
Hackensack commenced operations today in West Milford.

(Yes.. two medevacs in technically adjoining towns)

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
That's a lot of medevacs!

FYI, all the medevacs used by Atlantic are not actually owned by Atlantic... so there is nothing there for Atlantic to "sell".

asnhnetwork

ok so we have these new ships now let's get into the meat of things. Who is dispatching Atlantic 1,2,&3 when not with Remsc because Cencom was suppossed to close April2nd??? Are they still using 463.175 for all 3. Who is dispatching Hackensack 1 and on what frequency and p.l.?

mondaro

Feed Provider
I think Hackensack AIRMED 1 I think thats what there calling it will be on NJSP Medevac North and will have to check in with REMCS.

Also what I heard through the grapevine last week Cencom is not going anywhere right now.

Lets see how this all plays out. As Helicopters go it's a nice looking ship and yes not to disappoint the Big Hackensack H is on the AIRMED 1 helicopter.

Here is part of a press release that was emailed to me this evening.

Hackensack University Medical Center
Welcomes New Helicopter, AirMed1

As part of its commitment to strengthening its regional network, Hackensack University Medical Center is pleased to announce that its new helicopter, AirMed1, will become operational as of 12:01 a.m. Thursday, April 5.

“We are thrilled to welcome AirMed1 to HackensackUMC,” said Robert C. Garrett, president and chief executive officer of HackensackUMC. “Our medical center is constantly seeking ways to better serve the needs of our community and patients. As the Hackensack University Health Network continues to expand, this helicopter will offer vital transport services not only to HackensackUMC patients, but to our affiliate hospitals as well.”

“It is a privilege to enhance our commitment of emergency services to the community as well as our affiliate partners,” said Lisa Iachetti, RN, administrative director of Community Operations and Emergency Medical Services. “We look forward to offering this life-saving resource to our community for many years to come.”

End of Press Release.

Last edited:

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
That's a lot of medevacs!

FYI, all the medevacs used by Atlantic are not actually owned by Atlantic... so there is nothing there for Atlantic to "sell".

Correct, they're legally owned by PHI Inc. out of Lafayette, Louisiana. My poor choice of words. But my understanding was that MONOC during the Cencom purge "purchased" the operating agreement for one of the ships, thereby transfering it from being Atlantic Air # to Monoc #.

And FYI since mentioned above, Cencom is still closing, but due to the chaos it's sudden imminent death created for the municipalities with whom it had contracted, they're stringing it out to make for an easier transition.

Last edited:

mondaro

Feed Provider
Got this from the state in an email.

Here is a To: All Emergency Management Coordinators/JEMSTAR/New Jersey Air Medical Providers

Re: Hackensack University Medical Center's Air Medical Unit

Date: April 5, 2012

Hackensack University Medical Center, a Level II Trauma Center, has been licensed and approved by the New Jersey Department of Health to provide air medical service to the residents of New Jersey. The new air medical program will be known as Hackensack AirMed One (Call Sign: Hackensack One) and will provide additional coverage to Northern New Jersey. The air medical program is scheduled to provide coverage 24 hours a day, seven days a week from its base of operations in West Milford. Hackensack One (N135CM) will respond to both inter-facility and 9-1-1 missions and will be placed into the call rotation on April 5, 2012 (Thursday) starting at 7 AM.

Base of Operations:

Greenwood Lake Airport
126 Airport Road
West Milford, New Jersey 07480

Following the New Jersey Air Medical Dispatch Guidelines, all air medical requests, including those for Hackensack One, shall be coordinated and dispatched by REMCS.

Please contact me if you have questions or concerns.

Regards,

John B. Liqua
New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services
Office of Emergency Medical Services

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
REMCS is Regional Emergency Medical Dispatch System, UMDNJ's EMS and Medevac dispatch service which is dispatch BLS and ALS in and around Newark, Irvington FD, and is used by the NJSP and outside agencies to dispatch Medevac units in New Jersey.

To listen to Medevac in NJ you need to tune into the NJSP TRS on TG 26800 for South Jersey and TG 26832 for North Jersey. In Atlantic's case, they also communicate with their operations center Cencom on their own frequencies...which I don't have in front of me at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.