RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > New Jersey Radio Discussion Forum

New Jersey Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of New Jersey.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 8:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzy_GSXR1000 View Post
Recieved I have been inputing Raw frequencies in all day...heard some pritty interesting stuff today!!!!!
I'm not trying to get in between DJ and yourself, but, I got to ask, when you say Raw frequencies do you mean conventional frequencies, or are you talking talk groups?

Sponsored links
Old 04-01-2011, 10:01 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Yes conventional frequencies Hot I'm putting in manually they told me before I can make talkgroups I have to input the frequencies...I'm not having any problems programming it like that I can't lock some of the busier ones I probably have in the wrong mode this raiod is very complicated to me sadly to say but I'm getting a little better.
Uniden 536HP
Old 04-02-2011, 8:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzy_GSXR1000 View Post
Yes conventional frequencies Hot I'm putting in manually they told me before I can make talkgroups I have to input the frequencies...I'm not having any problems programming it like that I can't lock some of the busier ones I probably have in the wrong mode this raiod is very complicated to me sadly to say but I'm getting a little better.
You're entering trunk frequencies (I hope), not conventional frequencies. Conventional frequencies are for a conventional radio system, where each agency within a municipality or state uses a specific frequency or frequencies. Again, with a trunk system there is a pool or group of frequencies that all agencies on the system use at random. You don't want to lock out frequencies, but rather you would want to lock out talk groups that you choose not to listen to. If you lock out a frequency the system will not scan properly and you may miss some transmissions that you may want to listen to that may use that frequency from time to time.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:44 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Unhappy

Ok I'm sorry I wasn't that clear...I understand why your confised...LOL the frequencies I wish to lock which I can't are some Newark NJ Police frequencies on the 460.000mhz band...Not the NJ State Police on a Trunked system... I put all the NJ State police frequencies I got here on RR I entered them in manually and the radio does what I think your implying it finds the send and recieve frequency because I usually here the entire transmission. My problem is I can't seem to lock some frequencies I inputed that are busy like alot to the Newark NJ Police their main districts example 460.150,460.175 thats what I want to lock out. I have to be doing something wrong because even a few other ones that lock up I can't lock out. Iread my owners manual, the easy to read on here and still can't toggle the permant ot temporary lock out mode?
Uniden 536HP
Old 04-03-2011, 9:23 AM

I googled and found this on a Radio Shack support site with regards to locking out frequencies/channels:

You might want your PRO-2004 to skip certain frequencies while it's
scanning (such as continuously transmitted weather broadcasts). To lock
out such channels:

1. Press [MANUAL] to stop scanning.
2. Continue pressing [MANUAL] until you reach the channel you want to lock
out. If you know the channel number(s), this can be done more quickly.
Enter the channel number, then press [MANUAL].

3. Press [LOCK-OUT]. The indicator appears on the display, indicating
this channel will be skipped during scanning.

NOTE: In manual scanning, you can continue to access the locked-out
channel(s).

To cancel the lockout function:

1. Press [MANUAL] to stop scanning.

2. Advance to the channel that is locked out.

3. Press [LOCK-OUT] again. LOCK-OUT disappears from the display.

4. Or, press [LOCK-OUT REVIEW] in MANUAL or PROGRAM mode to call out
locked-out channels one by one. Then, press [LOCK-OUT] to cancel
LOCK-OUT for that channel.

You can lock out as many channels as you like. But each bank must have
at least one channel not locked out. The last channel in a bank cannot
be locked out.
Sponsored links
Old 04-03-2011, 10:38 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I was talking about the new scanner I bought the Pro-197. The old one I protty much mastered this new one...well lets just say is going to take a while I have been doing alot or reading and experementing...LOL I can't lock out some of the conventional frequencies I inputed manually I didn't really discover sadly to say how it inturpits trunked systems and all the new fancy talkgroups or systems it can find. I did in fact release some pre-programmed data form one of it's V-scanner folders but it was too much it basically was scanning the entire public safty band in new jersey.
Uniden 536HP
Old 10-16-2013, 10:26 PM

Default Programming my BCD-396XT

Trying to figure out how to program my scanner for a EDACS system, it will program motorola systems good, but can't figure out how to switch it to EDACS.
Also why isn't the "scancat" disc that I purchased along with the computer to uniden link wire doing anything for the scanner, it can't read the units frequencies, and I can't get info off line from the disc to put into the scanner, I heard it may take more discs but don't know, I'am an old scanner junkie but the computer interface stuff got me baffled!
Old 10-18-2013, 10:50 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbertbutler View Post
Trying to figure out how to program my scanner for a EDACS system, it will program motorola systems good, but can't figure out how to switch it to EDACS.
Also why isn't the "scancat" disc that I purchased along with the computer to uniden link wire doing anything for the scanner, it can't read the units frequencies, and I can't get info off line from the disc to put into the scanner, I heard it may take more discs but don't know, I'am an old scanner junkie but the computer interface stuff got me baffled!
Try using Freescan FreeSCAN - Sixspot Software