Ocean County 700 MHz Project 25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

fineshot1

Hey folks - please bear in mind that local gov's often take several different
course's of action to resolve problems due to them not knowing what will
play out in the future, "contingency actions" so to speak.

So this does not mean that OC will be going to a new 700Mhz TRS in the
future but that it may be one possible outcome.

I am sure every one knows that local gov's are often hard to predict due to
how politics and cost($) plays into almost everything.

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
Hey folks - please bear in mind that local gov's often take several different
course's of action to resolve problems due to them not knowing what will
play out in the future, "contingency actions" so to speak.

So this does not mean that OC will be going to a new 700Mhz TRS in the
future but that it may be one possible outcome.

I am sure every one knows that local gov's are often hard to predict due to
how politics and cost($) plays into almost everything.

Actually they, along with Camden County are indeed migrating to a countywide 700MHz. trunked system platform which will eventually be combined into the NJ Statewide systems to allow roaming throughout the state. Most users who are abandoning UHF T-Band in NJ will be following this migration path under authority of the Attorney General for the State of New Jersey; otherwise they will loose funding from the state for such projects. This also applies for Federal funding as well. Most agencies across the country are being forced into consolidated systems such as this. It's not necessarily a bad thing either as many in New Jersey are trying to make it out to be. They are just scared they are loosing the strong holds on their little fiefdoms they've controlled for years.

700MHz. is the new "cats meow" on the block, just like 800MHz. was in it's day, and VHF-Hi Band in it's heyday...

Rest assured, the new 700MHz. systems will be some flavor of Project-25 Phase-II, most likely TDMA-X2 in New Jersey. Even Atlantic County, historically M/A-COM EDACS based is migrating to Project-25 in the near future.

Status quo is no more in New Jersey; like it or not, the 21st century is finally upon you!

Coming soon to a county near you; Countywide Police, Fire, EMS, and Public Works services... Just wait, it's coming too...

fineshot1

Actually they, along with Camden County are indeed migrating to a countywide 700MHz. trunked system platform which will eventually be combined into the NJ Statewide systems to allow roaming throughout the state. Most users who are abandoning UHF T-Band in NJ will be following this migration path under authority of the Attorney General for the State of New Jersey; otherwise they will loose funding from the state for such projects. This also applies for Federal funding as well. Most agencies across the country are being forced into consolidated systems such as this. It's not necessarily a bad thing either as many in New Jersey are trying to make it out to be. They are just scared they are loosing the strong holds on their little fiefdoms they've controlled for years.

700MHz. is the new "cats meow" on the block, just like 800MHz. was in it's day, and VHF-Hi Band in it's heyday...

Rest assured, the new 700MHz. systems will be some flavor of Project-25 Phase-II, most likely TDMA-X2 in New Jersey. Even Atlantic County, historically M/A-COM EDACS based is migrating to Project-25 in the near future.

Status quo is no more in New Jersey; like it or not, the 21st century is finally upon you!

Coming soon to a county near you; Countywide Police, Fire, EMS, and Public Works services... Just wait, it's coming too...

Gerry - not sure where you get your info from but that is not a done deal for ocean county.

That is another possibility for oc, but nothing has been hammered out in stone yet.

Tac-1

Yep here a list of pending 700mhz apps my county is one of them UC i am sure there will be more soon

MIDDLESEX, COUNTY
OCEAN, COUNTY
ROCKLAND, COUNTY
UNION, COUNTY

Last edited:
RE:Speaking Of....

I notice Cape May County FCC records show a low power TRS system located near the Cape May County Airport.
Any input/thoughts on this or will it vanish?

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
I notice Cape May County FCC records show a low power TRS system located near the Cape May County Airport.
Any input/thoughts on this or will it vanish?

Cape May County has numerous UHF frequencies reserved for a future trunked radio system at various locations throughout county. That's another project that will be taking off in the coming months as well.

In addition, Salem County will also be moving to 700MHz. in the coming years.

Kyle41

What is going on with the Cherry Hill and Voorhees Twp feed? For the past 3 days it says it is up and streaming but I don't hear anything. I also see that it will no longer be available to listen too come 10/15/11, why is that?

Kyle Fegley
Cherry Hill, NJ

W2GLD

Premium Subscriber
What is going on with the Cherry Hill and Voorhees Twp feed? For the past 3 days it says it is up and streaming but I don't hear anything. I also see that it will no longer be available to listen too come 10/15/11, why is that?

Kyle Fegley
Cherry Hill, NJ

Kyle,

This is not a comment for this feed, please contact me via PM if you need more assistance.

Thanks,

elias1988

Feed Provider
The County Freeholders will accept funding at their meeting on Wednesday to allow phase I of this project to begin:

ORDINANCE #2012-5 – An Ordinance authorizing upgrades and conversion of the County 9-1-1 Dispatch System and appropriating $4,000,000.00 therefor and authorizing the issuance of $3,800,000.00 in Bonds or Bond Anticipation Notes of the County of Ocean to finance the same.

Last edited:

kc2oon

If anyone is still interested in this thread I will be attending our OEM holiday party at the county EOC again this year. I will ask the county communications coordinator about it. I do know they have not purchased any equipment for it yet. Just had my XTS5000 reprogrammed and they have bought a few more of them so they are still spending money on the 500 system.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Any factual information you can obtain will be appreciated. I spend a lot of time in Ocean county during the summer and monitor the island mostly.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Yes, thank you in advance for any information. I live in Toms River and monitor the 500 MHz system religiously.

Status
Not open for further replies.