Seaside Hts, & Seaside Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ88

I've been hearing Seaside Park using the Ocean County TRS Disaster Common Talk Group for comms with county dispatch all day and tonight I'm hearing Seaside Heights using it. It also sounds like county has a mobile command unit set up in Seaside Heights, using the TRS OCSD 4 TG to talk to county dispatch. Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

elias1988

Feed Provider
Unit 1 was or still is in town at PD HQ, also PD main comms are coming from the Seaside Heights OEM mobile command unit due to construction being done on the radio room.should last for another month or so.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Any upgrades coming, or just paint & spackle? Also, has anyone else noticed that Seaside Park's signal is very weak over the last few years on 460.225? Years ago, they would come in stronger than Heights, but now they are full of static. I am only in Toms River by the mall.

elias1988

Feed Provider
I heard they're adding a 3rd dispatch console,it looks like that they're getting ready for narrow banding from what i saw on FCC.

elias1988

Feed Provider
They've been having issues with their repeater lately,that's why they were using the trunked system via portables other than for the parade. also today I've noticed a squelch type of sound after the transmissions are over...

has anyone else noticed that Seaside Park's signal is very weak over the last few years on 460.225? Years ago, they would come in stronger than Heights, but now they are full of static. I am only in Toms River by the mall.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
So I decided to bring this threat up from the dead. Is Seaside Park still staticy for everyone here? I live near TRHS North and even with my new outdoor antenna, Seaside Park is still low and filled with static.

DJ88

Same way here in Brick, also using an outdoor antenna. Voice is audible but with some static/hissing in the background. Have to crank up the volume to hear them.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
I know they couldn't care less as their radios work perfectly. I remember years ago the Park was louder and more clear than the Heights. Would they have purposely lowered their power?

mikewpu04

SSP PD... Sometimes

Live in Toms River by HS North. I have a 996XT with a Comet BNC-W100RX whip and I too get them with static. However, there are times they come in loudly and perfectly clear causing me to turn them down... Can't seem to pinpoint the reason why since the radio and whip have been in the same spot.

Arkmood

If you can scavenge an old yagi UHF TV antenna, flip it/mount it for vertical polarization, they work well. Use one here in the Oak Ridge section of TR and receive Seaside Park almost full-quieting, about S7...

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
I agree, static over encryption any day. It is just weird as they are the only town that is so low powered. 5 years ago or so, they used to have a great signal. Now it is almost like their repeater is on low power or something.

SCPD

QRT
Was in Seaside Park the last three days and noticed that 453.775 Seaside Heights Beach Patrol F-4 was some type of Encryption.

elias1988

Feed Provider
You were most likely Hearing Harvey Cedars Beach Patrol/OEM that is licensed to the same frequency and is a MOTOTRBO system.

Status
Not open for further replies.