RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > New Jersey Radio Discussion Forum

New Jersey Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of New Jersey.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2014, 9:50 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

That makes sense, even though they are in different counties. Somebody there is thinking. (Could all the fiscal issues actually be forcing a move away from home rule and absolute boundaries to logic and sense?)
Sponsored links
Old 04-04-2014, 9:52 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 902 View Post
That makes sense, even though they are in different counties. Somebody there is thinking. (Could all the fiscal issues actually be forcing a move away from home rule and absolute boundaries to logic and sense?)
I could not agree with that statement more; home rule is the worst thing that ever happened to New Jersey. Our arbitrary lines drawn in the mud (as I like to put it) need to dissolve and we need to start doing what's feasible.

Last edited by KC2ZHY; 04-04-2014 at 9:59 AM..
Old 04-09-2014, 10:04 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Not to burst anyone's bubble here, but First off Dunellen is in Middlesex county and Second per a very, very reliable source Somerset County is not and will never dispatch Dunellen for anything other than sending ALS or BLS units to them.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:12 AM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I guarantee it will be like all the other in-county users on the east end - they are paying the county for system usage & are self-dispatching.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

Old 04-09-2014, 1:31 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD2BRR View Post
Not to burst anyone's bubble here, but First off Dunellen is in Middlesex county and Second per a very, very reliable source Somerset County is not and will never dispatch Dunellen for anything other than sending ALS or BLS units to them.
LOL. My reality bubble remains intact. I almost married a girl from Possumtown (a long and sordid saga from decades ago), so I spent a good deal of time in Middlesex and Somerset Counties, indeed, I grew up in NJ. That "never" thing happens a lot. But the other interesting thing is that the loss of certain revenue sources since 2008 has really put up a fight against those nevers. Some NJ nevers I've seen have been the expansion of the air medical program, the fall of first aid squads in many areas to hospital-based BLS contracts, automatic mutual aid out-of-town responses, cooperative procurement in DPWs, regionalization, and who knows? Maybe this? Just saying. Money stomps on pride every time.

You're probably right, though.

Either way, I hope they get their issues squared away. Every responder needs safe and reliable communications.
Sponsored links
Old 04-09-2014, 2:12 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I have a friend who is a 911 dispatcher for the county and when he and the rest of the people working there saw what radio reference posted they were baffled and said that wouldn't happen and isn't going to happen.

Another reason to believe that this won't happen is because Dunellen would have to build their own trunking sites in the town because its to far from the somerset county trunking sites creating dead spots in the town. To solve this problem and pay the price they would need for the equipment and service would be way to much to be even worth it.

I think the "tests" that whoever heard were test for something else and not dunellen due to the fact somerset is still tinkering with their new system.

There's no such thing as PD region 12.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2014, 9:38 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Dunellen sits directly below Green Brook, and the Johnson Drive site should cover that area quite well. Dunellen already has the proper radios to utilize the system if it actually happens.

I have 2 friends that dispatch there as well, so I will reach out to them for some 'off the record' clarification..

Old 04-09-2014, 9:41 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Alright then I'm mistaken about that then, but I am almost positive it will not happen.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk