Mobile Video Recorder - Mic frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmosier

Thinking that the audio associated with a police officers mobile video recorder is transmitted via wireless microphone. Does anyone have any idea what frequencies might be used? Particularly in the Morris County NJ area?

CM1

Premium Subscriber
There are also a quite a few newer systems using 2.4 Ghz for the mics.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Maybe a silly question but why do you want to know? Idle curiosity? You'll never hear one unless it's right in front of your house, just sayin'.

rmosier

I guess it's all of the above. Cars are often stopped on my street for speeding (anywhere from 50 to 300 feet from my discone antenna). I also have a scanner in my Jeep, and would get a kick out of hearing the conversation as I drive by a stop.

wtp

yep

i once went to a hospital in belle glade florida. a dui suspect was brought in for a blood sample...
lets just say the cop forgot about the mic,but boy did he have major self control

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
I turned on close call on my BCD396T only 30 feet from a trooper on a car stop to see if I could pick up his mike, Nothing. BTW, the trooper was a friend of mine so I am not recommending that you do this.

Last edited:

egulley612

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I turn on close call on my BCD396T only 30 feet from a trooper on a car stop to see if I could pick up his mike, Nothing.

Not all LE agencies are freely miked up like this.

In fact, I don't think there are but a very scant few that are. Most of the Audio is recorded through the camera on their dash.

gunmasternd

Mobile repeaters? or something like that what they are called here. I have them programmed in my scanner all i get is noise. More power to you if you wanna scan and try and pick them up. :)

TAS

Most of the mic packs are spread spectrum these days so you won’t hear much of anything. A handful of the old style mics may still be out there on some of the older cars, but few I’m sure.

ScannerGuys

Mobile Video Recorder

Does anybody here know if those Mobile Video Recorder's that the NJSP or Bridgeton City P.D. use are Digital Spread Spectrum?? Or has anybody got close enough to see the antenna on it, to see what frequency it uses to transmit back to the vehicle's onboard camera receiver? If their is anybody in here that listens to Bridgeton City PD at night on 155.550, once in awhile an officer will get to a call on Church St. (for an example), and the Officer will say turn on your On board camera, and record those people sitting on their front porch?? Then they were saying something about those people on the front porch, being drunk in public. Is your front porch considered in the public?? Or maybe recording drug deals, while they happen and posting to youtube or their facebook pages!! Anybody have any ideas? Thanks In Advance

Status
Not open for further replies.