NJ Forest Fire service

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
Does anyone know what frequencies the Forest Fire Service would use when they work brush fires in the Meadowlands of Bergen County?

Thanks

DJ88

The Forest Fire Service Radio Communications Plan was updated in July of 2010 and it looks like the RR Database doesn't show this update: You can find it here:
Department of Environmental Protection (NJ) - The RadioReference Wiki
See New Jersey Forest Fire Service Radio Communications Plan.
I believe Division B handles the area you're referring to. It's either Division B or C. Maybe someone can clarify this.

Tech792

That meadowlands area is a "secondary response area" for Div A. (Not in the primary response area). Its not an automatic response. Usually will only go in if requested. Otherwise, the local towns will normally handle it.

Last edited:

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
Lately the been sending one person out to the bigger brush fires to offer assistance. They did work a fire in Carlstadt with a few crews earlier this year.

runnenfisch

I have a dual band radio with RX frequency, TX fre.,CTC/DCS Dec, CTC/Dcs Enc. I have all the forest fire frequencies programed but i only hear half of the talk. ive tried alot of the channels but get nothing can someone please help me out!!!

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/6.7.2-223_DBN_M4-23) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Runnenfisch, not really enough information to answer your question properly: radio, antenna, terrain, surroundings, etc. Assuming you are within the area of the state served by the NJFFS as linked above, I would suggest you remove any CTCSS that may be programmed into the scanner. Here in DivB I find multiple tones are used on any given frequency. The RRdb is up to date; it is just difficult to detail all the tone variations. HTH.

runnenfisch

The radio is a Wouxun KG-UV6X with a stock antenna and i live in Roxbury so kind of hilly but nothing crazy. im going to try and turn off the CTCSS and see how that works. not necessary with the FFS but you need to program a specific CTCSS to talk correct ?

THanks for all your help

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

You would need CTCSS to transmit if the repeater requires it. I don't know anything about your radio; is it FCC type-accepted? I don't follow the RR threads on the manufacturer. My comments on removing the FFS CTCSS tones were intended for the GRE/Uniden scanners. I load the data from the RRdb, but remove the tones before saving the file. HTH.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.