RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > New Jersey Radio Discussion Forum

New Jersey Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of New Jersey.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2012, 10:41 PM
Mentor
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highpockets View Post
Thanks for calling and checking on me Tom.
Glad you got the power on. Good to chat. Looks like it might be wet and cold Tu-We.

Old 11-05-2012, 8:38 AM

Can't say I have been very active on here, but figured I'd check in. I'm in Jackson, lost power Mon night around 4 and went on generator until Thursday night. No major damage here. My family in Oceanport, Monmouth Beach, Long Branch, and Asbury didn't fare so well.

This has been an extremely eye opening experiance, even at the moderate level I was prepared, I have been making a mental list of things to do differently in future.

Sean Murray

Old 11-05-2012, 11:28 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Exclamation

Lost power/ISP on Monday 11/29 at 6:00 PM and there by my 2 feeds. Top 3rd of my Hustler G7 220 antenna sheared off. I gutter down spout blown off. 100 Ft Black Oak tree in back yard still standing with only a few small branches off. If the storm knocked down this tree and depending on where it fell, it would have crushed my or my neighbors home. Power came back Sunday 11/4 at 10:45 PM and ISP 11:00 AM this morning. Otherwise by the grace of G-d we were unscathed! Our prayers, hopes and thoughts to those members who find themselves in much worse conditions.

Thanks for everyone's concerns.

We (My Wife and I) are gratefully OK!

Old 11-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Mentor
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/6.7.2-223_DBN_M4-23) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Good to hear from everyone. Burlco has 2 Red Cross shelters with 400-500 Ocean county residents being cared for. LBI residents were let onto the barrier island for the first time this morning, only to grab belongings, and it will be closed later this afternoon. Still picking up sticks here, as long as the back permits.
Old 11-06-2012, 7:18 AM

I spoke with PDFDEMS286 this morning. I had spoken with him earlier but neglected to mention. He lives in Long Branch, about 4 blocks or so from the ocean, and everything is okay with him. He just got power back yesterday.
Sponsored links
Old 11-06-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ88 View Post
I spoke with PDFDEMS286 this morning. I had spoken with him earlier but neglected to mention. He lives in Long Branch, about 4 blocks or so from the ocean, and everything is okay with him. He just got power back yesterday.
Thanks Ken, I meant to ask you about him!

Old 11-06-2012, 12:35 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I hope somebody permanently archives the radio traffic that was captured that night. Pray Warren is well.
Old 11-06-2012, 3:49 PM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Got an e-mail from Warren just before lunch - he is alive & well! The place he lives only had a little water in the basement, and he lives on the 3rd. floor.

He said there's going to be a minor issue with getting laundry done & such, but he lived through another one!

Old 11-06-2012, 7:51 PM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Hee ah is! No point in a double post, you can read more in the <chuckle> KB2VXA thread. Gee I'm a celebrity! Well, at least it's good to know you guys think so much of me... aaawww.
Sponsored links
Old 11-07-2012, 9:07 AM

Lost power around 4 pm Monday. Still out and no word about restoration date. We're crashing at my daughter's home until then.
Other data that nobody cares about.
Old 11-07-2012, 1:34 PM

Thumbs up we made it - so far !

hi all, first chance i've had to get to my home computer since the storm. this has been a very humbling experience. been working 12 and 16 hour shift's. my place is still standing <t.g.> some of my neighbors were not that lucky. some homeless,some with damged homes and contents. at least 4 people that i work with, either sustained minor damage,or lost their home's. secondly, while good natured arguments are one thing,maybe we could all stop taking pot shots at one another. i've had some time to reflect on this,while reclining on my couch,bored out of my mind. to all our rr family, i hope you are all alive,and well.
special attention Warren. i hope that this experience has made me a better person.

PEACE.
Old 11-08-2012, 1:12 PM
Mentor
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/6.7.2-223_DBN_M4-23) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

How did you coastal members fair in the following northeaster? Inland lots of wires, poles and trees around the central part of the county; a fatal car accident on 206 in Tabernacle when a sedan spun and was hit by a van. Power stayed on, but more pickup sticks here.
Old 11-08-2012, 1:16 PM
Mentor
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

How did you coastal members fair in the following northeaster? Inland lots of wires, poles and trees around the central part of the county; a fatal car accident on 206 in Tabernacle when a sedan spun and was hit by a van. Power stayed on, but more pickup sticks here.
Old 11-08-2012, 4:40 PM

Default checking in

Yes I am aok and thanks for the concern. I and home are fine in Lakewood
but power did not return until Monday after 7 days only to return for Athena
and have her mess with the power (off and back on a lot) for a couple of days,
yesterday had a couple of power hits and today it was all quite on the power front
and I would like to point out to all the nay sayers about trunk systems that the
ocean county trunk system did not miss a beat during either storm other than
some channel grant busy's when the system got real super busy which under
those conditions will happen when there are more users then there are voice channels
available.
Old 11-08-2012, 5:57 PM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

"How did you coastal members fair in the following northeaster?"

No problems, it fizzled. It got a little blustery at first but died down when the snow came, several inches of wet, heavy glop. I was concerned the weight would bring branches down across power lines but luckily the nearly constant flickers amounted to nothing.

I haven't seen the Red Cross for a couple of days but today a couple of kind ladies came around distributing sammiches. I had just finished glomming down a couple of my special recipe deviled ham slabs so I stuck their pulled pork in the frigabator for later. Bits and pieces come from here and there so I'll survive this magical mystery tour.
Sponsored links
Old 11-08-2012, 9:43 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Hey All.. Finally got power/internet back after 11 days.. Still many people here in Hopatcong without Power. Only damage I had at my house was ton of branches and my G5RV Dipole had lost 1 half of it but repaired that today.. the Sussex Cty Fire, Police & EMS and the Morris Cty MIRS, Sussex Cty Fire are back up! Missed having them, i really didn't monitor far from me since there was alot of traffic in my own town of major importance.. Glad to read everyone faired well!

Eric
Old 11-08-2012, 11:35 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by res5cue View Post
Hey All.. Finally got power/internet back after 11 days.. Still many people here in Hopatcong without Power. Only damage I had at my house was ton of branches and my G5RV Dipole had lost 1 half of it but repaired that today.. the Sussex Cty Fire, Police & EMS and the Morris Cty MIRS, Sussex Cty Fire are back up! Missed having them, i really didn't monitor far from me since there was alot of traffic in my own town of major importance.. Glad to read everyone faired well!

Eric
Glad to here you are okay.