Merger of the Princetons

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Guys,

Not sure if anyone else noticed this (outside of those that live in the Mercer County area), but on 1/1/13, the Borough & Township will merge into a single jurisdiction.

The police departments began combined patrols on 12/5, and if I'm not mistaken, the township PD repeater will be what's used for full-time operations.

Last edited:

dahlio

I believe all traffic has been on the township repeater for a while now....I know they have been riding together to get used to coverage areas.

phillydjdan

Can anyone confirm the info regarding police frequencies? Are they for sure all going to be on the township frequency? What happens to the borough's police frequency? Any word on the fire side?

robbinsj2

The plan is to use 453.675 for dispatch but they have occasionally used 460.2625 during some issues with 453.675, so keep them both in your scanlist. Ultimately I expect 460.2625 to be an alternate channel. No idea on 470.9625, I haven't heard it used in years so I don't know if they transitioned it through.

No change to fire or EMS for now, same frequencies and same dispatch centers as before.

Status
Not open for further replies.